911 What Members are around Pigeon Forge Tn and Newport

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
From another site guys but figured someone here might be able to help him out.

Stuck in Newport TN. Exit 435....fuel filter/Water in fuel sensor problem???
Drove from Eastern NC to East TN yesterday for a weekend. Here's the problem....

Started the truck up to go out about 45 minutes ago...... it started up and ran normal for about 10 secs. then shut off. Turned the key over again and it acts like it wants to crank and keeps turning over and over but wont start. Its got 1/4 tank of fuel in it, but when I checked the Fuel Filter it had a dripping leak from the bottom plastic wing nut piece on the bottom.

Got a guy with me that is a diesel mechanic that said he thinks its not getting fuel pressure because of this.

Next problem......ZERO.......ZERO parts stores within 15 miles or so has a water in fuel sensor in stock....or water fuel seperator.

Does anybody around this area know of a parts store within 10-15 miles of here that would have one I could get tomorrow or tonight? Or does any member here in the area have one I could buy from you ??? I'm suppose to leave tomorrow but if I have to wait until Monday to go to a dealership I guess I will.

So....again, 2 questions....

1. Does this sound like my problem is the water in fuel sensor or water fuel seperator ..... or seal on there??

2. Does anyone know of a parts store that has these in stock I could get tonight or tomorrow.....or is anyone willing to let me buy one from them personally that is close by???

We tried to tighten the white plastic piece on the bottom but couldn't really get it any tighter.

Any help???

Ohh yeah.....I'm off exit 435 on I-40 in Newport, TN.

FYI....I'm currently heading to Bass Pro Shop right now, then toward the Sevierville / Pigeon Forge area for a while tonight. The wife and I are with several friends and didn't want to hold the whole night up, so I'll be in that area for a while tonight.

If anybody can of of assistance in anyway, my cell phone # is 919-369-6886

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
He could always use some epoxy to seal it up. He would just need to clean all the diesel off of it first. Brake cleaner would do the trick.

06WhiteLBZ

Diesel Addict
Got the truck running.....without having to get any parts of any kind.

I went to walmart to get a 5 gal. gas can and some diesel kleen and epoxy sealant. Went to the gas station and filled up the can with some fresh diesel.

Was thinking at this point I might have some bad or trashy fuel. Went back, drained a little bit more of the fuel in the truck, put the diesel kleen in, put about 3.5 gal. of the fresh diesel in......primed and tried to start, primed and tried to start, primed and tried to start. For some reason my buddy decided to put his finger over the bottom hole on the that white plastic piece on the bottom of the fuel filter where the fuel was leaking from......as I was trying to start the truck. It worked. Truck fired up and ran fine. I check the filter and it wasn't leaking fuel anymore. Cut it off and back on several times and it ran fine. Drove from Newport. TN to Asheville, NC a little bit ago. Staying here in Asheville for the night then heading home in the morning.

Guess it had some trash in the fuel it needed to get out???????

Thanks for the help though fellas. I appreciate it and the 911 emergency thread on here.