86 Crew cab LB7 build

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
On the bed, they have 3 or 4 inch cross braces underneath that would make it sit way too high. I cut all but the rear down to about 1/2 inch. The rear supports the bed sides and tailgate mounts so I made a crossmember and notched the frame. I'll go back later to smooth the frame and make bumper mounts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
This is just a cool pic from when I was figuring out body positioning. Frame mounts were not back on yet.

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
First trip outside to get a look at the fit. The rear axle will get moved forward while lifting the truck.

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
Thanks! This brings it up to about where I am now. I'll put up some more pics of the radiator support. I'm trying to graft the upper and sides of a 91 support to the duramax support and keep it clean looking.

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
Nice project. Would you mind including a pic or two of the Nomad and and the yellow 55,6,or 7. I didn't mean to be snooping around your shop, but I'm seeking some help for my automotive addiction.

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
Sure, I'll get some pics in the next couple days. The Nomad is frame-off with LS3 and 9 inch rear. The 57 is caged, 4-link, mini tubbed.

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
Nice project. Would you mind including a pic or two of the Nomad and and the yellow 55,6,or 7. I didn't mean to be snooping around your shop, but I'm seeking some help for my automotive addiction.
Sorry for the delay, been busy as a one legged man in an ass-kicking contest. The Nomad is a custom build with LS3 and 4L65, 9 inch rear. The 57 is my brother's. It started out as a 10.5 drag car for a customer, but he got married and the project came to a screaching halt. It will be a street car now with probably a blown 540 and 400 trans.

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
Getting a little time in on the project. I made a support for the hood latch and trimmed the right fender well to fit.

DmaxSquarebody

Glutton for punishment
Nov 19, 2019
NW Florida
I finally got the front sheet metal all mounted, so now she's coming back apart for frame conversion to 4wd, and engine & transmission upgrades/conversion. My brother has made a little more progress on the 57 too. It's gonna be a bad mutha...

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
This is going to be a sweet truck when you are done! My oldest son has an 85 GMC Sierra c1500 that we are doing a body swap with an 06 GMC Envoy XL with the 5.3L in it. That way he has the square body look with all the 06 features like abs etc. Keep it up boss!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)