6th Annual NC Diesel Drag and Dyno day results

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
We headed out to the 6th Annual NC Diesel Drag and Dyno event here in Jacksonville. The dyno went on Saturday as scheduled despite the rain but the racing got delayed until Sunday.

Couldn't get full boost on the dynojet out of either of our trucks but still put down respectable uncorrected numbers (although we are near sea level).

Chris (DrHolliday) put down 531hp and 940 ft-lbs on just a built trans, exhaust, lift pump and shimmed FPRV with my tuning. He got 24 PSI without using the brakes (he holds steady 32-34 down the track). Stock turbo, intake, downpipe, CP3, injectors, no drugs, ect. During the racing he took runner up in the Quick Diesel Class and took home a nice trophy and some cash.

I put down 539hp and 907 ft-lbs with no drugs but got the operator to ride the brake and got it to 40PSI (I hold steady 47-48 down the track). I took first in the Quick Diesel Class and took home a trophy and some cash. I also won the "Beat the Hat" event - the group that put the event on includes an ex-drill instructor who offered an engraved K-bar to any Marine that could beat his best time of the day. He had a 620+ hp Common Rail Dodge but only managed a 12.46 so I got the K-bar too.

The NC Chapter 18 of DieselTruckResouce.com put on this event and we all had a great time. They are a mostly Dodge site so it was great to have the only 2 duramax's that raced clean house in the Quick Diesel Class. But they were all very good sports about it.

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
It was a good time... I wish we had a video of mine and dustin's heads up race for 1st... We both run 12.4's and didn't wanna brake out so we wound up coasting to the finish line and both ran 12.7's at 95ish mph, lol.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
That was a pedal match from hell, when I let out too much and lost boost I thought you were gonna come around me. That 12.509 on a 12.5 index was a nice pedal run for me though - I'm used to racing all out everytime, even when I race bracket.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
it was good event considering the weather.glad you guys made it,the trucks looked good on the track and the rollers....