69 Duramax C-10 Is Finally Rolling

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Saw Matt posted on IG about the misfortune of the poorly built front end. It appears you're in good hands now with him taking on that portion of the build. At the very least, he's an excellent craftsman and seems to understand strength of materials that will be required to handle the task at hand. Best of luck and God bless your deflated wallet. :sick:

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
I've known Matt a pretty good while, and his family longer. He built the intercooler, rollcage, turbo piping, and stainless exhaust and did an excellent job. I wasn't aware of his frame and suspension abilities until a few years back. Unfortunately this has been a near eight year project. The guy that added the front clip to Brett's frame was just supposed to add rack and pinion to the existing frame and when I went to pick it up he had cut the frame and added the front clip of 2x4 frame and a frames with rack and coilovers. I asked him when I saw it if it would be strong enough for the extra weight and boosted launches. He assured me that it was and I continued on with the project. Matt has already fixed one part of his screw ups and I told him to put all the strength in every component . I've driven this truck 200 miles or so. I have a lot of confidence in Matt's work. This last mishap could have wadded me up in the wall. I've got some more tuning lined up at the dragstrip this time. My family have named this truck Cluster, and that is an abbreviation. or CF 10 instead c10.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
You will end up with a bad ass truck in the end. I know how you feel, I broke the cank in my regular cab a few weeks ago. It never ends, lol, if it does I'm dead...

Lq4chevy

Nov 25, 2019
WOW those valve covers might be my favorite touch of the entire build!!

Why did you move the alternator to the drivers side? also is that the van t-stat housing?

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
These are mine and my Grandson's Duramaxes. His is an 03 Chevy with a built engine and trans, and my 69 C-10 with an LGH and built trans. The red 07 I bought new and has a built trans and a few mods and has 53000 miles on it. The white one is an 06 that my Grandson and I built from a wreck and has a few mods. My Grandson is 17 and has done a lot of work on these trucks. If our Lord graces me with a miracle to beat this leukemia, I plan on doing a few more improvements to some of them. I drive an 01 with 417000 on it about every day that I enjoy a lot. Praise God and thank Him every day for the blessings you enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_9003.JPG
    IMG_9003.JPG
    580.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9008.JPG
    IMG_9008.JPG
    532.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9009.JPG
    IMG_9009.JPG
    530.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9012.JPG
    IMG_9012.JPG
    585 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9026.JPG
    IMG_9026.JPG
    667.7 KB · Views: 32

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Trucks look great and some prayers headed your way to help battle this. The red one though... golly!