64mm ihi from dts :)

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Well i got the turbo on.. took the truck out for a drive first off the sound is great sounds like a big charger:). Spool up is still fast but hits alot of harder and seems to pull alot better at higher rpms. Now im not sure if going from a cali downpipe to a federal made the exhaust a deeper tone but it definitely changed.. wish i coulda opened the truck up but we got more snow so i was spinning in 4x4 but am very pleased so far with this Turbo

Last edited:

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Subing thanks for the info as I'm still waiting for the money tree santa was supposed to drop from his sleigh but I think he dropped it over the wrong house since there is no money tree growing in my yard yet. I'll upgrade hopefully sooner than later to one of the these:thumb:

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Lol ya no luck here with a tree here either. But on my big tune it did clean up some smoke so i believe i will put alil more fuel to it and a lbz reg but i do believe the dyno results that dts has gotten from this with no tuning changes. I plan to push it a little harder and maybe a drive pressure gauge.. sorry no egts for ya cause seems my probe wire got messed up in the swap and the gauge is pegged at 2500

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Keep us posted. I'm interested to hear how it does with more fuel. I may try pushing mine harder in the future.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
if i remember some one said that the shaft in them, were still the stock shaft... ive had about 4 lb7's with broken shafts... i just cant see where you will beable to push it to get the money you put in to it...

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
if i remember some one said that the shaft in them, were still the stock shaft... ive had about 4 lb7's with broken shafts... i just cant see where you will beable to push it to get the money you put in to it...[/QU

I ran mine last lb7 for almost 2 years 30 hooks couple passes and drove every day at 33 to 35psi and made 560 on dans diesel performance dyno. So i can say i haven't broke a shaft i know it happens. The nice thing is the year warranty you get from dts and so far customer service at dts has been great. Towed 9k 200miles yesterday it still pulled mosr hills without down shifting. But if it had to that turbo was right there. still feeling good about this turbo

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
Sweet deal I am glad to see you got it all in their I still wanna hear about it when you put more fuel to it I am still waiting on that tree as well lol but thanks for the info glad you are happy with it

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
Did you ever figure out the reason why?

well, to be honest the 2 trucks i did replace turbos on were coverd in mud.. so id have to say that mudding was prolly the case and a turbo prolly got hot... ive got a few extra lly turbos in the shop... i think im ganna build one and use an lly wheel...

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I think the LLY intake wheel is larger too??

Plus the LLY wheel has the threaded nut built into it where as the IHI has the separate nuts.
Its worth a try to see if it works, I've been wrong before.

Yellowchevy

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Well we will see how it does on the dyno in may or if i get close to one sooner. I got it all dialed in added a lil more fuel and running it at 39lbs now so its getting ran pretty hard.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
My truck with stock fueling is making 24-psi, same as the stock turbo did. I'm assuming my gate is opening and think I'll install and adjustable one to see if a little more boost pressure improves performance.