6 speed Allison only goes to first gear and reverse

Lbzpuller3

Aug 8, 2020
Having possible trans motion troubles on my pulling truck. Have a 4th gear start tune that I have ran for years. Hi stall suncoast converter. After going to the engine dyno and placing the motor back in and it sitting for 6 months with our current state. The truck won’t shift out of first. Speedometer is reading when moving. No codes, only code that has come up is a po2764 replaced solenoid, still same problem wiring harness was new 2 years ago. Had zero issues when I pulled it into the shop to pull motor only thing that was swapped on trans was the converter, but have a hard time thinking that’s is what is not allowing it to shift, any and all help appreciated

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Have you tried another TCM (and made sure TCM is getting power), and are you sure its 1st, not 3rd? What you describe sounds like Hydraulic default.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Lbzpuller3

Aug 8, 2020
Yes tried known good tcm, it shifts in 2wd all the way to 6 in 4 lo for pulling for some reason I can’t get it to go into 4th gear as the tune is designed, and works on any other lbz I plug tcm into.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Why do so many people replace solenoids when they see a code? It's almost never a solenoid. try looking for a bad ground at the TCM or harness.

Lbzpuller3

Aug 8, 2020
Why do so many people replace solenoids when they see a code? It's almost never a solenoid. try looking for a bad ground at the TCM or harness.
Because I had one and it was quick and easy. Update the truck will shift through all the gears in 2wd in 4lo it won’t go into 4th gear as the tcm is set up. Went through all wires harness is 2 years old truck sits as it’s dedicated puller in climate controlled shop so no mice or anything like that have been chewing on wires. Still think it’s a ground? Or can something else be stopping it that it’s looking for reference from something.

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
If not a missing ground lug somewhere (maybe missed during reinstall?), check the 4WD Low signal. Output from the TCCM output as an input to both the ECM and TCM. If you had access to a Tech2 you should be able to read what TCM is seeing as inputs.