6.89 @ 99.8 mph on fuel....Moonshine..

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I still dont understand how you guys get these damn things to run so cool in the 1/4 mile.

Ed is running his probe in the downpipe, right near the turbo that way if he melts a probe it doesnt go into his turbo. So I am sure his actual EGTs are alittle higher.

FWIW I am running around 1800* in the 1/4 with water with my charger and a single cp3

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
I still dont understand how you guys get these damn things to run so cool in the 1/4 mile.

Until I got Tony in the truck: I was seeing 1760* F (pre-turbo).
After the 'proper tuning' session: 1260* F (post-turbo)......(I assume that would be about 1550* F at the manifold?)
The right tuning picked-up 4 mph and about 2 tenths and dropped 200*!!

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
Subman, I would have went with the compound set-up, but I would have to sled-pull with the modified puller's. :baby:......and I'm not seein' drop-box's and Rockwell rear-ends in my future!! Don't think I could fit any cut tires on D.D. either.:D

But hey..........ya' never know...........might end-up with twins anyway????

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
Ed, did you put $100 on the dash and see if Tony could grab it? :D

No........funny though.... he didn't waste any time securing that lap-top with the seat belt after he stepped out at the track!:D
Besides.....I didn't have any c-notes left after feeding Tony for 3 day's!! Tony likes to eat as good as I do!

Last edited:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
No........funny though.... he didn't waste any time securing that lap-top with the seat belt after he stepped out at the track!:D
Besides.....I didn't have any c-notes left after feeding Tony for 3 day's!! Tony likes to eat as good as I do!

That Mayflower seafood restaurant was goooooooooood !!!!!

:D

My Laptop wasn't scared either............:eek:

:rofl:

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
Well........I got the vid's off of 8mm..........but now I can't get them up here????
They are on 'WMV' at 2400 KB or less (low resolution).....or high resolution @ 186,000 KB.
Anybody willing to help me get these up????
Thanks, Ed.

Do I need to get them on Youtube first and then attach a link?????
I've never tried this.:confused:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Well........I got the vid's off of 8mm..........but now I can't get them up here????
They are on 'WMV' at 2400 KB or less (low resolution).....or high resolution @ 186,000 KB.
Thanks, Ed.

I wish I could help :( No way to get me 24 or 186 megs. Youtube would be your best bet then post a link here.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Thanks, Ed.

I can convert them if you want and then you can post them on youtube or i can for you just need to email them to me

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
I have one of them uploaded to Youtube. Problem now.....I can't do anything with it. I feel so stupid.............:eek:
It can be found by searching "Duramax @ Pageland Dragway....6.89..."

I tried to copy and paste but nothing happens when I click?????..........maybe it is not 'processed' yet??