LML 500 tuned miles, low power

sargenthp

Dec 24, 2017
If you are running a delete tune... Get that DPF off now! You can cause back pressure that will kill the engine.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Ya I feel like an idiot right now and I should know better.

If I retune, enable emissions, will a regen clean the dpf if I just let it run. Or am I beyond that point?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Dude why are you trying to fight keeping the dpf on. There’s a reason why it’s removed. Buy a $300 exhaust or heck even a delete pipe and call it a day. There is literally NO REASON to keep that crap on there.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Dude why are you trying to fight keeping the dpf on. There’s a reason why it’s removed. Buy a $300 exhaust or heck even a delete pipe and call it a day. There is literally NO REASON to keep that crap on there.

X2 I think he is a undercover tree hugger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I had a guy do this. he bought an exhaust and tune from me and instead of putting the exhaust on he took the cat off, gutted it and left the dpf on thinking it was just a muffler and drove it this way from the end of Jan to may. He called and blamed the tune when it wouldn't even get up to 40 mph. he worked hard at NOT installing the exhaust I sold him he would have just putting the flo pro on there LMAO. :thumb:

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
In answer to your question, there is a good possibility that if you flash a stock tune in it will perform a regen and clean the DPF. However, it may be plugged to the point of requiring a forced regen with a proper scan tool. Just depends on how bad it is and if it freaks the ECM out. And there is also of course the possibility that it is permanently plugged and will either have to be replaced or removed.....

I vote for the permanent solution. But since you asked a question I thought it deserved an answer. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro