LBZ: 4WD Conversion

Wicked Mayhem

LBZ Owner
Oct 27, 2012
Got the correct shocks finally. Rides even smoother now. Moved license plate to skid plate. You can see it from way away but very close at all and it's hard to see if you can even see it. I lowered by bumper 1/4" too. It appeared to angle up some and was jammed into grill. How it has a tiny gap to grill and looks right to me.

1419128949.jpg

1419128933.jpg

1419128941.jpg

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Truck looks great. Just tell me if you have done a boosted launch yet? I did the other day, 2000 rpm tune 3 lockup box on. She went! Now that mine is 4wd maybe I can get the full potential out of my twins. Your truck looks very good as well.:thumb:

Wicked Mayhem

LBZ Owner
Oct 27, 2012
Truck looks great. Just tell me if you have done a boosted launch yet? I did the other day, 2000 rpm tune 3 lockup box on. She went! Now that mine is 4wd maybe I can get the full potential out of my twins. Your truck looks very good as well.:thumb:

Thanks. And yes I've done a few low low boost(5 psi launches) I hate how the truck feels between shifts(I guess it defuels) just feels like I'm gonna break something lol.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Truck looks great :thumb: Would you be able to do me a favour? Can you measure from the ground to the highest point on the cab? I'm looking to do a similar setup and I'm curious if it will fit in my garage. Thanks.

Wicked Mayhem

LBZ Owner
Oct 27, 2012
Yes my truck still fits in my garage height wise with plenty of room to spare. When it was lifted 6", it still had room to spare pulling in.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
How tall is your garage door opening? Can you measure from the top of your cab to the bottom of the door then? I have a 7' garage door opening. :eek:

needgeech

Mar 24, 2015
Was just hoping somebody had seen a 2wd>4wd conversion on a Kodiak or has input as to how hard it would be.

Reason for not just buying 4wd version: these are rare; have a ton invested in the western hauler bed etc etc. and everything but the powertrain is in great shape; I have 400k on the 2wd LLY and it needs work. . .tranny due as well.

I have access to a newer DMAX engine but is 4x4. . .comes complete with transfer case and matching newer Allison 1000, ecu, etc etc.

I need a new engine ( or a lot of work done) so why not drop in a newer one with the efficiency of newer model but sans the emmisions holding it back mpg wise. Would go from 5 spd to 6spd on the Allison as well.

Just thinking finding a matching scrap front 4wd assembly etc will be a bit harder than on the 2500/3500's.

What are your thoughts. I need an engine, and I guess the prudent thing would be to just get a 2wd engine/tranny combo when it comes along. . .and enjoy the power/mpg boost. . . .I guess pushing the 4wd conversion might be too much.

BTW, any easy way to use the new 4wd engine and tranny as a 2wd???

Dskaggs911

Dylan
Feb 16, 2016
Kentucky
Has anyone on here done a 2wd to a Dana 60 4wd conversion? I'm very intrsted in doing this setup on my truck if it is possible. I have seen some straight axle kits on the web. Just want to know what xcase people are running. Thanks

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I really like Ben but I hope that his reorganization means you will actually be able to get in touch with him. I have many guys interested in certain parts only he is making and I can not for the life of me any type of correspondence from him. So the customers have moved on to other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk