4th gear dyno tune

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I'm just playing around and wanted to see if I could build a tcm tune to hold 4th gear for a dyno pull. Just wanted to see if you guys think I got it right?

Attachments

• 4thgeardynotune..tun
    742.8 KB · Views: 9

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
so are you wanting to keep it out of fifth? or do you want it to start out in 4th from a stop and when the tcc in locked stab the throttle and do a pull? or do you want it to shift up throught the gears and stop at fourth?

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Ya I loaded it in the truck and it wouldn't go to overdrive just need to adjust my 4 to 3 rd down shift and it will be good. Thanks for looking.

greif03lb7

cc/lb and lovin it
Dec 9, 2012
Granger, Ia
Cant you just lock out 5th with efi hooked up while dynoing? Thats what I did in my lb7 I think. My lbz I will just put it in 4th in manual mode.

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
It would be better to install an overdrive lockout if your determined to run in fourth. I've always had a hard time maintaining traction in fourth though.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Cant you just lock out 5th with efi hooked up while dynoing? Thats what I did in my lb7 I think. My lbz I will just put it in 4th in manual mode.

That thing on our efi live kinda sucks I did it with an lbz one time and since i didn't unlock the convertor and unlock 4th gear before the wheels sloed down it went into range shift inhibited and efi said it would be a 5 minute wait before i could do it again. it does work if you remember to unlock stuff before you slow down.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
It would be better to install an overdrive lockout if your determined to run in fourth. I've always had a hard time maintaining traction in fourth though.

Lol I'm not pushing the power you are though Matt. I do plan on putting one in I actually have all the stuff to do it but getting the tcm flashed. Can I do that with my v2 or do I still have to go to the dealer?

Last edited:

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
Lol I'm not pushing the power you are though Matt. I do plan on putting one in I actually have all the stuff to do it but getting the tcm flashed. Can I do that with my v2 or do I still have to go to the dealer?

I was at your power level for a good amount of time. Its a good place to be IMO. You just need to have a tcm file that is compatible with having the switch installed. Yes you can do that with your v2. I would also strongly suggest installing an indicator light as well. It'll come in handy sooner or later.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Guys, Im a bit confused. Why would you need to lock out 4th with the tune?
Shouldnt you be able to accomplish the same thing just locking out OD with the T/H button?

Or is this an 01 thing?

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Oh and to the op i would reccamend sticking with the 01 OS file you have because it shifts much better then any other years. much quicker crisper shifts. I have been running ti for a while now and i love how much more responive it is and the part throttle shifts are much better too as in they don't seem to defuel as bad as my 05 OS does.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Last I knew, 01 didnt, 02 did, but Im not here to argue it.

I assume the O/P has an 01 then?

You might be right but i did just tune and 02 and it didn't have it i don't think anyway. I was thinking OD lockout came out in 03? maybe... and yes his tune he posted is an 01 and i believe his pickup is an 01 also.

Last edited:

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Cool. I didnt know you could do that with EFILive. Thanks.

Whats that? run a different OS? I have the 01 OS if you want to run it? Quinton on here is running it and he said he shaves some time of his 1/8 with his own engine tune and the 01 OS