4" lift kit help

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Are the angles flat on your set up? It looks like I can get a zone 6" lift for same money as a tuff country, and that if you pull the bolts it's only like a 4" lift and then if I wanted to down the road id be able to raise it and run 35s

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
4" Tuff Country 35 12.5 18 M/T's

How is your cv angles in that pic while pulling? Also tire clearance is it an issue? Did you have to do fender mod and trim a bunch of stuff out? I have a 6" procomp on my lmm and it fits ok but had to do fender mod to get cv angles where I like them.

I am thinking about putting a tuff country 4" on my LB7.:D

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
How is your cv angles in that pic while pulling? Also tire clearance is it an issue? Did you have to do fender mod and trim a bunch of stuff out? I have a 6" procomp on my lmm and it fits ok but had to do fender mod to get cv angles where I like them.

I am thinking about putting a tuff country 4" on my LB7.:D

Angles are good, I trimmed both front and back of my wheel wells to allow plenty of clearance when running weights/pulling.. IIRC the the 6" T.C. lift all the way down sits at 4 3/4" while the 4" sits at 4 De-cranked so theres not much differance between the 2.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Do all those holes in Tuff Countrys front bracket take away from strength?

NO! The kit is very stout and trust me I've put mine to the test;) The only thing I would recomend adding is heavier duty sway bar end links if you plan on off roading. I broke 2 sets with the T.C. (sway bar flip) end link design. I just recently flipped the sway bar back over and added Cognito H.D. end links, time will tell if they hold up any better but they are twice the size and look to be solid......

Mark13

I'm so much cooler online
Dec 6, 2010
Northern, IL
I have probably 60k on my 4" NTBD Cognito. Handles and rides better then the truck did stock on just 265's.

I have no complaints about the lift and I'm very tough on it.

Front angles are all good. This is with 295/70/17 Toyo M/T's. I believe it's a 2" block in the rear but I don't remember for sure.

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Just wondering if anyone knows if the Cognito NTBD kit will work with the TC lift? That's what I was thinking of running some day. I think it would be about the same price together as just the cognito 4" alone.

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
I have probably 60k on my 4" NTBD Cognito. Handles and rides better then the truck did stock on just 265's.

I have no complaints about the lift and I'm very tough on it.

Front angles are all good. This is with 295/70/17 Toyo M/T's. I believe it's a 2" block in the rear but I don't remember for sure.

Bumping this up because I love how your truck looks. I'm looking forward to putting a 4" Tuff Country on my ECLB lly.

SS350

Jan 22, 2012
What's everyone think of the zone lowered down?

I'd also like to know if a Zone could be run down at 4" to 5" (level with a 2" or 3" block in the rear) I've been running cranked for a while now but I'd like to correct it once and for all. Zone kit with shocks at ~1200 seems like a good price to me, too bad I'd have to ditch my level-height Bilstiens....