4" Exhaust Tubing Expander

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Does anyone know who makes an exhaust tubing expander for 4" or larger tubing? The biggest I can find right now is 3 1/2". Thanks.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Turbo, that last one would be perfect. Right now I am just looking for a cheap expander, one that you can crank with a ratchet or hit with an impact. Just a manual cheap one to take some U bolt kinks out. Thanks. :)

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Turbo, that last one would be perfect. Right now I am just looking for a cheap expander, one that you can crank with a ratchet or hit with an impact. Just a manual cheap one to take some U bolt kinks out. Thanks. :)

I know exactly what your talking about. I've have never seen one that stye that big.....not to say they don't exsist though.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Thanks Guys. I went to the Lisle site and I need the P/N 34400 stretcher along with the #5 collet set P/N 17550. It will do 3 7/8" to 4 1/4".

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org

I made my own for "cheap"

I posted on several sites for "large" exhaust tubing expanders will no success. I had a Lisle one that would to tubing a little over 3.5". I took that, 4 old spring clamp bars (the ones drag racers and pullers use to clamp springs), and duct tape to make a larger expander. I taped the 4 bars evenly around the perimeter of the expander. It concentrates it's force on 4 spots, but I just loosen a little, turn and re-expand a few times and it works great for opening up diesel pipes where clamps have collapsed it...

It a little ghetto or Macgyverish, but it works

FWIW

Cliff8928

Jul 22, 2010
Long Grove, IL
Reviving this because it's relevant. The 17550 seems to be discontinued by Lisle, are there any other similar products that don't cost an arm and a leg?

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
what about an exhaust cone. We used to have one that we used to round out the ends of kinked pipe. I'm sure someone with a lathe could whip one up in no time.