4 Bucket Seat with Harnesses

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Trying to put some thought into the interior of my truck. I'v finally decided it needs a cage. Figuring I might ditch some weight at the same time. Has anyone ever set their crew cab up with 4 race buckets and harnesses? Or am I better off keeping the stock rear seat and pulling it at the track?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Trying to put some thought into the interior of my truck. I'v finally decided it needs a cage. Figuring I might ditch some weight at the same time. Has anyone ever set their crew cab up with 4 race buckets and harnesses? Or am I better off keeping the stock rear seat and pulling it at the track?

lots of prerunners have done this. whats your concern on it?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
lots of prerunners have done this. whats your concern on it?

I don't need some crazy suspension seats or anything. Just curious what people are doing for seats. I want something fairly comfortable. No prerunners in this area to compare with haha.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
i guess i thought you were concerned with how seats fit back there lol.
haha I know the buckets should be lower profile than the bench. Are guys offsetting the rear seats towards the middle? I guess I just haven;t seen it and wondered about layouts etc.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ive seen the offset towards the middle, converting to just a single middle seat and 2 seats behind the seats like normal and a custom full length center console. Never seen it with say, aluminum kirkey but alot of off road guys have gone away from suspension seats and now run solid based seats much like the kirkey. Beards and PRP's are popular for that. They usually have more foam than the drag race version Kirkey obviously for more give.

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
I would recommend just doing kirkey's in the front and then pull the rear seats before you hit the track. My truck is a single cab so i will just do both kirkey seats.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
What degree of layback are most people going with? Does it matter if your a taller guy versus a shorter guy?