LMM: 3rd Brake Light, Trailer Brake Controller Not Working

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
Drop the truck off for inspection today. When I picked it up the guy told me the 3rd brake light wasn't working, he tried swapping new bulbs in which didn't fix the problem. I told him I would get it figured out and was on my way. Driving home, I started scrolling through the on screen display and I noticed the factory brake controller wasn't working and I did not have any air pressure readings from the TPMS. I got home and checked all the fuses on the side of the dash and under the hood. Everything looked ok. Started checking everything else with the truck and all seems in order. Since then the TPMS is now working but i still don't have any brake controller signal or 3rd brake lights. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Truck's a 2008 LMM LTZ package.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
Look at the fuses very carefully. It might look like its good but all it takes is a hairline break in the contact to make it not work. I would just replace the fuse with a new one just to be sure.

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
Man there's a first. Looking at the fuse you wouldn't know it was bad. It must have cracked as opposed to blowing?? Anyways all is fixed and working well. The only cost was a little of my pride. Thanks again for your help!