3 to 4 stutter on built tranny

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
No changing turbos will not help.

You could log it and see if it is stacking converter lockup and the 3-4 shift on top of each other.

If it is stuttering on the 3-4 shift and the converter isn't causing it then it's a transmission issue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
I currently dont have a tranny tune. I ll log it when i get home, tony said i shouldnt need a trans tune, whos tranny tunes do you recommend? Would a lock up box work?

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Just re-read this thread. Is this your truck? Have any clue what was done during the build? Only ran on a 150 horse tune. Reason I ask is when my trans was done I couldn't wait to put it on a max tune.

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
I ve ran it on max tune but when i was testing it i only put it on the 150 tune and i normally run on the 100 hp tune for dd. I believe it has to do with the torque converter locking up

solidrunner

Oct 19, 2015
Seatac, WA
Pretty sure my truck does the same thing. Evan, is there a TCM tune version that you would recommend? I had a buddy that works at a dealership flash mine with the latest update when I had him learn the trans for me.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You would get a lot more than a tune file going to see Evan. You can get a TCM OS online and just flash it in with EFILive without leaving your driveway, if that is all you want.

Sent from my FlashScan V2

ieetgluu

Sep 27, 2013
You would get a lot more than a tune file going to see Evan. You can get a TCM OS online and just flash it in with EFILive without leaving your driveway, if that is all you want.

Sent from my FlashScan V2
I'm good to go, thank you