Help: 2wd to 4wd wiring harness

SAS_LB7

Financial Mistake
Sep 30, 2019
Oregon
Hey all,

I’ll make a long story short.
I purchased my lb7 truck as a 2wd conversion with promise of a wiring harness to complete the 4wd swap. Turns out they were trying to order it from bt dieselworks old website that doesn’t work. They stopped taking my calls, and now I’m stuck with a 2wd truck and no harness.

I am a LEA low voltage technician, and work with 12/24v and logic all day. I also have access to a service manual. But any information to the old 2wd/4wd harness would be supremely helpful. Maybe someone has an old diagram/pdf laying around from bt dieselworks? I need to start building this harness, or pay someone who can. But I’m not sure where to start. Any and all references or information would be greatly appreciated. I understand a majority of what I need to do to create the harness myself, but I’m stuck on how to defeat causing issues with 4lo and limp mode. Maybe someone can get ahold of BT?

Thanks all,

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I didn't get any diagrams with the harness I got from BT, only instructions to hook up 3 wires to make the system work. Had to pull the under hood fuse panel and wire to the TREC, spliced in a wire to the BCM, and spliced a wire at the OBD2. I might have the specific pin locations wrote down somewhere

SAS_LB7

Financial Mistake
Sep 30, 2019
Oregon
If you get the chance to find those pin locations and any and all info that may have came with the harness that would be Fantastic. I really appreciate it.

SAS_LB7

Financial Mistake
Sep 30, 2019
Oregon
I did not. However, DMAX swaps has a full standalone harness (for twice the price of the Bt harness, ouch) that is plug and play. Tccm, 4wd switch and all. I picked one up and had it shipped to me and it looks legit. Will be installing it in the next couple weeks.

Trip450

Aug 25, 2019
How was that harness you got from dmax swaps. Did it work and what exact one did you get for it?

ozzybell

Apr 1, 2010
Hello, I was just wondering how the Duramax swap standalone 4x4 wiring harness worked out for you? I am in the process of swapping my 04 duramax from 2wd to 4x4. I have replaced the frame with a 4x4 frame. I need to order this kit and convert my rear tailhousing to a 4x4 style. Thanks