2020 6.6 Gasser HD

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I see they are available to build and price in the US but nothing for 2020 in Canada yet. Anyone know when the US models will start rolling off the line?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Holy shit that is ****ing hideous

Yup.
I wish they had gone more with the 1/2 ton front end. GMC looks a little better but the mirror on the door thing just doesn’t do it for me.

The new 6.6 gas has me intrigued though.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
These car/truck designers have absolutely no idea how to deal with the smaller LED headlights, do they?

Gawd, thats just awful.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Chevrolet dealer in Missoula Montana has them sitting everywhere.

The salesman wasn't sure how they performed yet but said 'the new GMC's are the real powerhouses.'

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Yup.
I wish they had gone more with the 1/2 ton front end. GMC looks a little better but the mirror on the door thing just doesn’t do it for me.

I talked to a guy that has one. He said it was a power house for a gasser and was claiming he was getting 16-17mpg. I think I will stick with the old 6.0l for awhile. They have proven themselves to be extremely dependable. I’m not sold on direct injection and your just a cam swap/tune away from making the same power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Yup.

Is GM taking the opposite approach with this engine from the old 5.7? Rather than making a gas engine into a diesel, did they convert the duramax to run on gas? Lol

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
It's a LS family engine.
I was mostly kidding, but at the same time, how hard would it be for GM to convert a Duramax shortblock to run on gas? A new set of heads and maybe a different cam? As reliable as the Duramax shortblock is on diesel, it would probably be bulletproof on gas.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I was mostly kidding, but at the same time, how hard would it be for GM to convert a Duramax shortblock to run on gas? A new set of heads and maybe a different cam? As reliable as the Duramax shortblock is on diesel, it would probably be bulletproof on gas.

Serious difference in compression and piston top design. Plus super heavy rods for a gas operation and heavy gear train up front. It wouldn’t be a good choice.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I talked to a guy that has one. He said it was a power house for a gasser and was claiming he was getting 16-17mpg. I think I will stick with the old 6.0l for awhile. They have proven themselves to be extremely dependable. I’m not sold on direct injection and your just a cam swap/tune away from making the same power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve been running direct injection 2 stroke sleds for awhile now. Technology seems to work. Much more efficient and better engine control reducing fuel consumption. My only worry is in the top end with the cylinder cutout. Hopefully it works better and lifter issues are no longer an issue like it has been in its smaller brothers.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I've looked into it a bit, it is a upgraded 6.2, they added water jackets to cylinders and iron blocked it. I'm willing to bet with boost it will be an animal especially with the 6l80 behind it. I would think 1000 hp will be very easy with it...