2018 L5P's

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Looking to pick up a new truck. I havent been keeping up with GM's updates have they worked out the bugs yet? Lots of emission issues previously reported on them right?

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Towing a 8k welding rig everyday I use a tank full of def every 2500 miles
The other three l5Ps in the fleet are about the same
As far as weird shifts I’ve yet to have that happen but we also aren’t using them as grocery getters :D
Issues so far are 1
The radios bug out and reset in the extreme heat and pop the 20amp fuse on passenger side
As a work truck I would highly recommend it
Personal truck grab a 15.5-16 go down a bumpy road to shake loose some weight ;) and good2go

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Towing a 8k welding rig everyday I use a tank full of def every 2500 miles
The other three l5Ps in the fleet are about the same
As far as weird shifts I’ve yet to have that happen but we also aren’t using them as grocery getters :D
Issues so far are 1
The radios bug out and reset in the extreme heat and pop the 20amp fuse on passenger side
As a work truck I would highly recommend it
Personal truck grab a 15.5-16 go down a bumpy road to shake loose some weight ;) and good2go

awesome bud thanks for info. ive always been cautious of buying 2 year old trucks though

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Haven’t had any issues with mine. Shifts nice, albeit it is different from the previous gen’s shift strategy, pulls like a freight train, and I’ve added 5 gals of DEF in about 6500 miles. It does use more than either of my LMLs, but it is slowly using less. I don’t tow often, but the miles are 90% highway. Avg. speed is right at 52 mph at the moment.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I really wanted a new denali. When I was looking i seen them cheaper than that but then again we're on opposite sides of the country. I have talked my self out of one though. Just simply because of the payment, old lady wouldn't let me buy a new dually, and I thought the cab had a lot more room in them then they actually do over my 13. So I'm building my motor in the lml and running it till the body falls off..

Aug 31, 2018
New on this forum. Always ran Cummins... friends say this is best Dmax site.
I’ve got a new job that came with a 2018 Denali. I don’t know much about Duramax/Allison. I’m here to learn.

My thoughts so far.
Beautifully appointed.
Lots of power, probably faster than it feels because it’s so comfortable.
At 1500 miles DEF was low, said it had 50 miles left. Not sure if dealer filled it originally.
I’m not sure how to know it’s in regen, haven’t noticed...
No particular shifting issues I’ve noticed in normal driving, but I’m used to a 6 speed manual.
Towing 10.5k it seemed to lack snot going uphill on the highway. Seemed it should downshift but didn’t.
Overall I’m happy so far. But I can’t wait til we can juice these beasts!!!
9d46d5344bc7d4a6b2ac412880f2c003.jpg

Aug 31, 2018
Welcome. Congrats on the new job. Your a lucky man. If my job came with anything I'd be stuck in a Ford f550 service truck..

Thanks, had a van at my last job. This was part of my new employers bargaining to get me to come work for him.
Seems a shame to use this thing for work, but I’ll take it.