2017 intermittent rough idle

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Hey guys I have a 2017 2500 with just under 18k on it.. every once in a while at a stop light I can feel it idling different. I’ve done some research and read a lot about the injector harness being junk, the truck runs great no CEL. I only have access to snap on scanners could it possibly show a code without setting the cel?

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Very possible a injector connector which one is hard to say without a code helping to point you in the right direction
I see a lot of dusting in the L5P injector connectors but 7, 5 and 4 seem to start first but that does not mean anything

I would just carefully ice pick them with a little dielectric grease and drive on

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I was wondering about that to… since I’ve had the truck only once did it say it was cleaning the exhaust filter… now it will just idle high and the exhaust will burn your leg if you stand behind it, but nothing ever comes across the dic

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Do you short trip the truck a lot? In other words, 10 min drives or lots of city drives?

If it was an injector connector, you would have codes immediately. Don’t ice pick them, makes it worse and issue comes back sooner. Buy the connectors from fish tuning and fix it right if you want to repair them.

There is 3 modes of regen. Forced, active and passive. Most the time, you are in passive. Active is full regen to clean the exhaust and may ask you to do a highway drive if it goes in one depending on ash load and pressure differential. Forced is when a scan tool does it.

Reactions: 2004LB7

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Lately it’s been short trips since I haven’t towed my race truck anywhere this year… but I don’t drive it in the winter so it has minimal idle time I only put between 3k to 5k a year on it.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Lately it’s been short trips since I haven’t towed my race truck anywhere this year… but I don’t drive it in the winter so it has minimal idle time I only put between 3k to 5k a year on it.

Yeah short tripping it means lots of passive regens then and more frequent active’s.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So no codes your thinking everything is normal?

Depends, we need to see the ash load, dpf pressure differential and if the truck is in active regen or not.

Also depends on what scanner you are using. Generic OBD2 scanner ain’t going to see all the codes the truck could set