2017 Duramax

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
No matter what I'm still excited lol.

I remember being 11 when the original Duramax came out, had gray champagne metallic crew cab from an off road magazine taped to my tv dresser that had been lifted 6", etc.

Man was it sweet haha.

Saw a 16 halfton earlier online. Was sexy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Anyone have any idea when they will do a press release with new photos? Can't be too far off if they are going to sell them 3rd quarter of 2016 right?

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Hope we at least get stouter rods (forged) and better crankshaft. One can dream, right?

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'm hoping Jan 11th or so with the Detroit auto show?

I was under the impression the can't produce anymore LMLs after the 1st of 2016 and they built a reserve of them while they're doing the revamp at the factory? Surely they didn't build enough for 3rd Q2016?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I wish they would come out with a horsepower and torque rating that would blow everyone else out of the water like they did back when they first introduced the Duramax/Allison combo.

Obviously I hope they make the appropriate upgrades to handle it of course. But I'm so sick of them always being just a tad bit behind on horsepower and torque ratings all the time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bschmale66853

Jan 3, 2016
South central Kansas
I'm getting ready to start driving over the road with my LLY. I'm in hopes this will be a nice little upgrade in a couple years. Can't wait to see the specs, hope the mileage is there too. Anyone know what body style it's gonna be in? If it's the 2500's that's been used or if they will do a grill/headlight update that the 16' 1500's got?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I truthfully think they need to find a power limit. Or keep on going for the horsepower race but build a "light duty" version of the 3/4 ton setup. The same frame/brakes/GVWR but a detuned back to LB7 hp specs. Utilize all the tech and research that is in these new trucks to make it lower powered but fuel efficient AND minus the need for any emissions equipment. I feel like it could be done.

Sorta like a mid ground between the high hp 3/4ton and the Colorado. For the people that need the GVWR but aren't actually in a rush when they're towing.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I truthfully think they need to find a power limit. Or keep on going for the horsepower race but build a "light duty" version of the 3/4 ton setup. The same frame/brakes/GVWR but a detuned back to LB7 hp specs. Utilize all the tech and research that is in these new trucks to make it lower powered but fuel efficient AND minus the need for any emissions equipment. I feel like it could be done.

Sorta like a mid ground between the high hp 3/4ton and the Colorado. For the people that need the GVWR but aren't actually in a rush when they're towing.

Basicly a half-ton with a diesel.