L5P 2017-2018 gmc foglight

blackLTZ

May 6, 2016
South Texas!
Was wondering what kind of HID or LED lights your guys running on this new body style, it’s just annoying having 2 different color of lights being that headlights are hids

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I’ve seen the morimoto in some trucks. I like them a lot. Not crazy about the blackout look though

cjb2283

Feb 1, 2016
Utah/wherever the AF sends me
I have a 15.5 and I bought LEDs for the fogs from Amazon...they are alright nothing to brag about. 1200 lumens, whiter than the trim lights with a little blue tint that I am not happy with. Wanted them to match the trim lights...didn't happen. Also want white headlights but nobody makes a halogen or LED bulb that size duel filament.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
All the bulbs suck. I went with the morimoto led replacements. They look good once you get used to seeing them, personally I feel like the cheap ass light housing take away from the truck anyway. Once they are gone your eyes don't immediately go straight to the fog lights when you look at the front end of them...

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
All the bulbs suck. I went with the morimoto led replacements. They look good once you get used to seeing them, personally I feel like the cheap ass light housing take away from the truck anyway. Once they are gone your eyes don't immediately go straight to the fog lights when you look at the front end of them...

I thought you had these.

Do you like the light output?

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I went with xenon depot led's to match the color. Not too bright, but also don't seem to have the cut off line like the headlights do.

Now changing them is a different story. I bet its a 2 hr job to have the dealer do the passenger side one.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I went with xenon depot led's to match the color. Not too bright, but also don't seem to have the cut off line like the headlights do.

Now changing them is a different story. I bet its a 2 hr job to have the dealer do the passenger side one.

To change the bulb?!

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
The passenger side bulb is tucked up behind all of the front bumper support brackets. To change it I actually pulled the housing out the front changed the bulb, then put it back in. Don't know how much stuff one would need to remove just to reach the tabs on the bulb to pull it from the housing.