2015 warranty

Dave69

Mar 2, 2017
Indiana
I’m looking at 2015 Denali with 77k on it. The truck is not for sale at a GM dealership. Just curious if the 5/100k warranty transfers to me when I take possession. I won’t have the money to delete it right away. And I don’t have an extra 10k sitting around to replace the fuel system. I’ve heard the horror stories of the cp4 and emissions systems, and quite frankly they have me a bit nervous. I have an 03 lb7 now so the emission stuff is all new to me. Thanks

scramHD

Aug 24, 2008
Tx / MS / AL / MEX / FL
107k miles on stock cp4.2.(bought truck new with 700 miles on it) Full delete. No codes. No problems. Desired and Actual RP are ideal. I use additives in the fuel as its humid here. Filters drained daily to release any water. I havent had any problems with the cp4 but do plan on making the cp3 swap in the future.

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
My truck has 72k on it. Bone stock other than a Fass 150 Cp4 is doing fine so far. I wont be going with a CP3 though once warranty is up due to hearing about surging issues. Exergy makes a screen that i will probably use. Hoping to hear some more real world trials with it though.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
107k miles on stock cp4.2.(bought truck new with 700 miles on it) Full delete. No codes. No problems. Desired and Actual RP are ideal. I use additives in the fuel as its humid here. Filters drained daily to release any water. I havent had any problems with the cp4 but do plan on making the cp3 swap in the future.

you really drain every day :thumb::thumb:

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Cp4 failures can be hit or miss. Clean fuel is key, you're pretty much guaranteed issues if you get a tank of water. Don't count on GM to warranty a fuel system either. They'll try to find a way to get out of covering it. There are arguments that a lift pump may help but no real proof. Certainly won't hurt (the truck, could void warranty though) Pretty much just luck of the draw. It may go 400k miles, it may not make 100k. All in the fun of a cp4.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
My truck has 72k on it. Bone stock other than a Fass 150 Cp4 is doing fine so far. I wont be going with a CP3 though once warranty is up due to hearing about surging issues. Exergy makes a screen that i will probably use. Hoping to hear some more real world trials with it though.

I agree, I drove a cp3 swapped 15, it was like an lbz with a bad FPR. No thank you! I've looked into the energy cp4 pump, if I keep it, I will swap that pump in to it...:D

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

I agree, I drove a cp3 swapped 15, it was like an lbz with a bad FPR. No thank you! I've looked into the energy cp4 pump, if I keep it, I will swap that pump in to it...:D

It's all in the tuning, it takes several test tunes to get it right no tuner can have it right on the first try it's physically impossible

If you are driving on a cp4 you are literally playing Russian roulette with your truck, just let that sink in

Dave69

Mar 2, 2017
Indiana
Damn now you guys got me worried about buying a cp4 truck. I don’t have the extra funds to fix it if it were to grenade on me.