2015 Tries to crank by itself

wade_660

Jun 7, 2015
Hey guys. I just bought a 2015 2500 Ltz truck last week. Truck has 300 miles on it at this point. Story is, yesterday I was walking by the truck and noticed the lights flash. I looked over and then the lights came on and the starter started turning but it wouldn't crank. It did this for 3-5 seconds and then stopped. One key was on the console in the truck and the other was in my safe. I say this because I originally thought that someone was screwing with me. The doors were also unlocked, which tells me that It wasn't caused by a key fob. Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
There was a bulletin for the new body gasser truck about the starter relay needing replacement due to faulty construction, maybe that was on dmaxs too I'll look

wade_660

Jun 7, 2015
It has the oem remote start. That was my initial thought but the doors were unlocked. When remote starting the doors have to lock first. But then again, it's possible. The fact that lights were flashing also stumps me. I'm guessing the reason that it didn't crank was because the fuel pump wasn't running. It turned over long enough to crank under normal circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk