2015 front bumper on LMM

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
Has anyone lined a 2015+ front bumper up on an LMM to see if it'd fit?

I know the brackets are probably off, but curious if anyone has tried.

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
Well, I bought a 2015 bumper that should be here this week. We'll see how it fits. In all my searching I couldn't find anyone else that has tried.

dmaxerLLY

Aug 10, 2007
California
www.instagram.com
Find it hard to believe it would look right, being that the headlights are shaped differently.

Still curious myself, where's a good source for front take off bumpers? I'd like to do an 11'+ grille/bumper swap on my 08'

novaman64

that guy
Jun 18, 2013
Placerville, CA
Find it hard to believe it would look right, being that the headlights are shaped differently.

Still curious myself, where's a good source for front take off bumpers? I'd like to do an 11'+ grille/bumper swap on my 08'

Need the grill and all bumper brackets to make that work. Believe you also need the chrome strip off the hood.

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
Quick update.. will post pictures later.

The body lines mostly match up. The brackets are not even remotely similar.

The LMM bumper brackets have two ears which sit above and below the frame rail at the end and one bolt that goes vertical through them and the frame, along with the 2 side reinforcements.

The 2015+ brackets have are each 4 bolt flanges that bolt to a vertical plate on the front of the 2015+ frames, similar to how superduty bumpers have been since 1999.

I was able to flip the 2015+ brackets upside down and side to side to get a nice flat surface on which to weld some plates to make custom brackets. A little work with some jacks to get the leveling and spacing right and it came out pretty well.

I still have not made/adapted the side reinforcement brackets because I've been dealing with the cold weather and plowing.

The grille does not fit at all and because my grille was already pretty banged up and peeling I just cut it; the cut grille lines up OK but not perfect.

Long story short, it's not a bolt on mod, it comes out looking pretty good but not perfect, but if you have a severely mangled LMM front bumper and can find a 2015+ bumper for a decent price it's a good option.

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
Here's some pics of the process. Like I said, not finished yet but it's mostly lined up.

Attachments

• 15bumper 1.jpg
    15bumper 1.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 15bumper2.jpg
    15bumper2.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 15bumper3.jpg
    15bumper3.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 191