2011 LML 500,000 mile mark

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Far East LA - aka Phoenix
The dealership installed a new power steering hoses, pitman arm and idler arm. Truck steers great now. That was the best dealership that I have been to yet. Being a small town, they told me about the local motel/hotels that were near them and they even gave me a free loaner truck to use for the weekend while my parts were ordered and delivered to them.

Phil Wright Chevrolet in Russellville, AR. Great place that did not gouge me on the service.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Today while traveling through Arkansas, my truck blew one of the power steering hoses. It has had some slop in the steering and I messed up and adjusted the play in the steering gear - which did nothing for the worn pitman arm. So, it blew the hose. It did have over 500,000 on those hoses. Tomorrow it will be having the pitman arm, ps hose and a new ABS power module installed.
The power module has been giving me problems the last couple of months and I have had to turn off the stabilitrac to cure the issue. Since it is in the shop for the steering issues I told them to go ahead and install a new module as well.. Then it's back on the road for me. I should get home by Sunday with the odometer hitting 510k.

Who diagnosed the ABS problem? I pretty much guarantee the new ABS module isnt going to fix your problem because ABS module failure is extremely rare.

I bet you have a bad steering wheel position sensor.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
also, the stabilitrak problem could have simply been your screwed up steering box. If you're turning the wheel without the truck actually changing direction, the system thinks the truck is going out of control....so its reacting as it should.