LML 2011-2014 engine differences???

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I need some help here from anyone who has experience working a lot of different LML's...Im trying to track down some wiring harnesses for a customer that I will be converting to standalone. The engine is a 2011. When I look up the harness (the main engine wiring harness with the fuel injector connectors on it), there are two different part numbers for 2011...and then 2012 has a different part number...and then 2013-2014 have a different part number too.

So there are 4 harnesses total... two for 2011, one for 2012, one for 2013-2014.

One of the 2011 harnesses is not available from GM. The other 3 harnesses are all readily available from GM. But they all have radically different prices. One of them is $150 more expensive than the other.

Does anyone know what changed, if anything, on the LML between 2011-2014? For all I know, the harnesses could all be identical, but just from a different manufacturer or something. Or some wires are different colors, etc.

I want to say in 2012 they redesigned the DEF tank, so maybe the DEF connectors are different on the newer harnesses? In which case I would obviously just get the cheaper harness because the DEF/emissions stuff will all be removed anyways...

Kind of in a time crunch here, so if anyone has any ideas, that would be great.

Thanks
Ben

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I've seen LML's with and without the EGR bypass pipe which would eliminate the EGR cooler bypass valve, but I couldn't see that making that big of a difference in relation to the engine harness.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Probably not much help but maybe the 2nd harness your seeing for the 2011 is the cab/chassis LGH? These are also minus the egr cooler bypass pipe.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
ok I found one difference... 2013+ LML's have a humidity sensor. And 2012+ has the analog 0-5v brake pedal position sensor instead of the on/off switch. Apparently that wiring for the BPP sensor goes through part of the engine harness. I knew about the difference in brake pedal sensor previously, but I didnt know it went through the engine harness until now.

I guess I kinda answered my own question, haha.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I can't think of any difference in sensor location, connector style or other parts on the engine by its self.
I would say that gm doesn't change parts numbers when they change suppliers unless the part is actually different.