2008 duramax blowing white smoke

nick.moulis

Nov 6, 2014
www.facebook.com
Hi I'm new to the site, my name is nick I own a 2008 lmm duramax, I did a turbo back straight pipe, efi live, truck has 107,000 miles, efi live has been setup for about 3 monthes and it just started blowing white smoke. Checked the oil, coolant is still topped off, what else should I check? Has no trouble starting, idles normal and drives normal. Any answers would be great!
Thanks

Molly

i can't seem to find
Feb 7, 2014
DE
When does it blow white smoke?

Sent from Woodys East Coast Bar and Grill.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I'm sorry what do you mean by balance rates?

Do you have any kind of scanner or an edge or anything like that?

Basically, it shows the performance of the injectors and you can tell if one is failing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Is the smoke coming from the exhaust? Just to clarify.

Also what about the dpf? (that was still on an 08 right?) tuned out or just removed?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
White smoke can be a indication of unburnt diesel fuel. So a injector could be stuck open dumping fuel into a cylinder. This is bad could cause a hydro lock it's referred to as.

The balance rate show the volume of fuel at idle being put into or taking away from each cylinder to create a idle. That can show you the condition of the injectors being good or bad. But is NOT the only way just one way.

nick.moulis

Nov 6, 2014
www.facebook.com
White smoke can be a indication of unburnt diesel fuel. So a injector could be stuck open dumping fuel into a cylinder. This is bad could cause a hydro lock it's referred to as.

The balance rate show the volume of fuel at idle being put into or taking away from each cylinder to create a idle. That can show you the condition of the injectors being good or bad. But is NOT the only way just one way.

Wow hope for the best plan for the worst, wouldn't I be able to tell?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Did the dpf get tuned out? Because that dumps fuel too.

Borrow a scanner from someone and look at it. Would be a good starting point.

Be able to tell what? That fuel is being unburned? Not necessarily.

What does the exhaust smell like?

nick.moulis

Nov 6, 2014
www.facebook.com
Did the dpf get tuned out? Because that dumps fuel too.

Borrow a scanner from someone and look at it. Would be a good starting point.

Be able to tell what? That fuel is being unburned? Not necessarily.

What does the exhaust smell like?

Yes if I did it correctly the dpf did get tuned out, otherwise wouldn't my check engine light be or or wouldn't it go into limp mode? i havnt noticed any different smell. Thanks again for all the help!