need used tires
Jan 27, 2008
powhatan, va
p0841
p0843
p0846
p0847
p0875

When cold it does "shift range inhibited" wont move then it will move forward reverse no problem then if you stop it will show "shift range inhibited" again then all of a sudden will slam in gear and go until you stop again. Also will for a split second on take off feels like a slip or it goes to neutral. I can see through my scanner the solinoids coming on and off and also the range switch is working as well. HELP

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Those are all valve body codes. Check rear harness connector at back of trans, check fluid level. If all that's ok, pull the pan. Check internal harness.

05maxlly

need used tires
Jan 27, 2008
powhatan, va
just dropped pan found filter lying in bottom so this explains neutral feeling like loosing prime cause it is, also leaking trans fluid out of valve body connector at rear corner of trans all wires look good inside and no pins are pushed out. I am going to say new filter and new internal harness as it comes with new seals and we should be good to go?? let me know what you think Mike L.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
just dropped pan found filter lying in bottom so this explains neutral feeling like loosing prime cause it is, also leaking trans fluid out of valve body connector at rear corner of trans all wires look good inside and no pins are pushed out. I am going to say new filter and new internal harness as it comes with new seals and we should be good to go?? let me know what you think Mike L.

You found your problem.:thumb:
Buy the harness from Allison and I highly suggest a filter lock.