2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, wanting to boost MPG

erock666p

Sep 14, 2015
Hi all, i'm a brand new Duramax owner and am interested in boosting my MPG. To my knowledge i have an LLY motor, it's a 2005 Chevy 2500HD with a 6.6L Duramax. I've heard that the best way to gain MPG is to do a new intake, exhaust and to chip it. I've also heard that chipping is an easy way to blow up a motor, which i am definitely not interested in doing. Any advice to gain MPG on my truck without causing damage to it over time would be greatly appreciated.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
They kinda just suck, im lucky to get 18, but its usually more like 13-15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Intake is a waste of money if your after mpg. Just get a ppe standard excellerator and set it on level 2, I had the best economy with it. Keeping your foot out of it helps the most...;)

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Intake is a waste of money if your after mpg. Just get a ppe standard excellerator and set it on level 2, I had the best economy with it. Keeping your foot out of it helps the most...;)

I had one of those back in the day, I actually liked it for an off the shelf programmer

Firefightkev

May 30, 2014
Central Florida
Upgrade your turbo mouth piece, exhaust and do EFI live. If you tow efi live can get you an option to turn on turbo braking.

I had a banks programer and it dropped my mileage in the toilet.

2x on intake being a waist of money.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

The lly intake is not the same as the lbz it is garbage just like the lb7 intake