2004 lb7 help please

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
Hey guys I have a 2004 lb7 and just took the injectors out last weekend, they were completely shot, I also had fuel in my oil and that's when I quit driving it, so I have a couple questions.

The fuel lines going from filter to injector module are cracking, do I need to buy the specific ones from Chevy or can I just buy a length of 1/2" diesel line and cut it to size?

Also 2 of the injector cups pulled out so when I ordered the injectors fro Lincoln diesel I got them to send me 2 cups as well, what's the process to seat the new cups?

when one of the cups pulled out I looked down in the hole and seen 2 metal shavings, one small, the other about penny size but paper thin? What could that be from, how concerned should I be? I'm going to get a bore scope this weekend and look down in it before I put the cup and injector in to see if I can see any damage.

Please help me guys, thanks in advance

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
What you saw in the injector cup holes probably isn't metal, but remnants of the locktite that held the cups in.

If 2 of the cups came out, you might try to yank the rest out, as they could be loose and leak. Some people recommend extracting them all and re-sealing no matter what, but I have had good luck with only resealing those that come out with a firm pull.

Oh, the cups are reusable, unless they got marred up by tools removing them from your injector.

There are [THREAD=14868]several[/THREAD] [THREAD=38316]threads[/THREAD] on the subject of how to seal the cups, just search.

Scarface39

Oct 6, 2016
New Mexico
yes you can use fuel line hose with new clamps for fuel lines going to filter housing, just make sure there are no kinks. also Lincoln diesel sells red high temperature locktite , for the cups be sure to use new O-rings on cups that you replace.