2002 zf6 truck. allison ecm for emissons? Reflashed to zf6?

rickcdewitt

Jun 6, 2017
State of jefferson
Hey guys as stated in the title i want a stock tuned ecm with my vin for emissions testing.
I have a couple allison ecms and I'm wondering if they can be flashed with the stock zf6 program and my vin?

If so could i just stop by the local dealer and have them do the job? Thanks!

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
Zf transmissions in these trucks don't have tcms.

You'll need to have the ecm (engine) flashed with a Zf calibration from a truck that already has one. You'll need a clutch start sw circuit in place when you do this.

Sent from my Note 9

rickcdewitt

Jun 6, 2017
State of jefferson
Sorry,to be clear i wasn't referring to the tcm but the ecm from an allison equipped truck.

So you're saying i can pop the auto ecm in my truck and put in the stock zf6 program? I have it stored on my autocal but i don't know if i can use it since the vin is different.What about the vin?dealer?

rickcdewitt

Jun 6, 2017
State of jefferson
So i should give a little history.i bought an allison truck that wouldn't pass smog for cheap and swapped in the whole zf6 drivetrain from a truck i wrecked. I need a zf6 ecm with my vin to get the old girl smogged and registered.

Well i installed the auto ecm with my trucks vin today and hooked up the autocal to see if i could flash it with my saved factory zf6 program. My only option under program full was the tunes i bought for my previous truck and of course it wouldn't let me do that since the vin is wrong.dang it.when i browse files my stored stock tune is there?

I wonder if i need another vin license to get at my stock tune?maybe just explain to the dealer i swapped transmissions and need the auto ecm reprogrammed?

rickcdewitt

Jun 6, 2017
State of jefferson
So the dealer said they could only flash a tune associated with a particular vin.

Can anyone recommend somebody who can put a stock 2002 zf6 tune on my allison ecm?

I don't want to buy another vin license only to find i still can't get at the stock tune?