2002 duramax in distress

drewmgd73

Dec 15, 2015
Hello everyone I'm new here and trying to find some correct input on my 2002 Duramax. I have been throwing a P1093 code and I have a edge on my truck. I can smell fuel and see smoke coming from my exhaust trying to fiqure out what it can be I have seen people post that its a FPRV, I'm not losing power and its not going into limp mode. Does anyone have any helpful ideas

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
A number of conditions may cause DTC P0087 and DTC P1093 to set:

1.Excessive fuel return to the tank
2.A fuel injection pump failure
3.A fuel pressure regulator (RPCV) failure
CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
The difference between commanded fuel pressure and actual fuel pressure is more than 20 MPa .

or

The FRP Regulator Fuel Flow is more than 15,000 cubic mm at 800 RPM, or more than 36,000 cubic mm at 2,000 RPM .
If you have a scan tool or any way to data log, watch both of these and see what's going on.

Hello everyone I'm new here and trying to find some correct input on my 2002 Duramax. I have been throwing a P1093 code and I have a edge on my truck. I can smell fuel and see smoke coming from my exhaust trying to fiqure out what it can be I have seen people post that its a FPRV, I'm not losing power and its not going into limp mode. Does anyone have any helpful ideas

drewmgd73

Dec 15, 2015
I was just out there running the truck with CTS EDGE and at idle FPR Kpsi is 4.9 to 5.1 but smell raw fuel from exhaust that diesel smell

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
When were the Inj last done? I'd say most likely the injectors need changed if they haven't been recently