Allison 6sp: 2 to 1 downshift neutral

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Please reread Mike. Not trying to exaggerate. I did say of the ones i have driven. Not meaning more than half of all gm vehicles.

Oh by the way I don't drink on Sunday.
I drink on Sundays.

Hell I'll drink on Mondays if the opportunity presents itself. Lol. Don't be such a goody 2 shoes. Mike was teasing you. And I highly doubt half of the GM vehicles YOU have driven do this. I've never experienced this with any gm vehicle other then the those equipped with an Allison transmission. And even those are a fairly small percentage.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
Going back to the 2 foot driving....

A lot of us older guys who used to drag race with an automatic and no trans-brake had to use both feet to launch the car. You would hold the brakes to come up on the converter somewhat (I used to go between 2500-2800 rpm on an 8" 4200 stall converter), then release the brakes as you went to full throttle.

A line-loc was used for the burnout, it had a solenoid that would allow brake pressure to apply only the front brakes, that way you could hold the car in the water for the burnout on the front brakes while the rears were left alone for an easy burnout.

After driving with 2 feet, it's hard to break the habit even in a street car. You always have drag racing on your mind, even at a stop light waiting for the green. :thumb:

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Bad memories. My old dodge did this when the planetary took a shit and the pan was full of metal. Ugh.

Jesseh72

Nov 12, 2012
Avon Ohio
Well just an update guys I took apart the abs sensors and cleaned them up and I also checked fluid on transfercase it was a little high drained off about 1/3quart and it happened again to me...Darn

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
If the TC is overfull, it can only come from the trans. That would indicate that the TC input seal is bad.

nsolimini

Sep 18, 2011
Lakeland, FL
Towu4free, that is exactly what I experience and I watch mine delay the shift with my Insight as well. I do not use two feet to drive either.

Mine never slams/grinds into gear, it only gets that bump feeling.

I do not think it is an LMM issue, because I never had it do that before having a built trans.

nsolimini

Sep 18, 2011
Lakeland, FL
Nothing new. I saw back on page 3 that Mike asked WolfLLY to contact him because Mike had an idea. I am hoping they came up with something!

I haven't noticed any negative affects, so right now it is just an occasional annoyance since it happens randomly.

mike536

Nov 4, 2010
my name is sam I work with mike whos account im using I have the same truck with the exact same problem that you have. ive been back through the tranny and everything checks good im down to where im thinking its in the tune. mine has a duramax tuner just curious what tune are you using?

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Me personally, Ive had the same set of ECM tunes and TCM tune in my truck for over a year.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
This is not something a tune can fix. Not at this point (where tuning capabilities are now). Maybe in the future though. I'm just curious as to why it's random. Obviously it's not a mechanical issue, or it would be more consistent, which is why I believe the tcm is somehow causing the delay of engagement into 1st. Of course this is just a wild ass guess from me, no way I could prove this, it's just a hunch.

My lb7 does this once in a blue moon.... LMM everyday.

nsolimini

Sep 18, 2011
Lakeland, FL
It could be random due to my reaction time to get back into the throttle each time. A friend thinks it could possibly be the ECM tunes de-fueling. I still have stock TCM tunes, but a few weeks after the transmission was built I had built trans tunes loaded. He just threw that guess out there because we both are stumped.

However, from this thread it seems like it is a common LMM thing LOL.

Mike536, I have PPEI tunes.