2 stroke oil in fuel..??

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Here is a very interesting article I found on adding 2-stroke oil to diesel. The guys did what must be the most comprehensive study to date:

http://fuelexpert.co.za/2-stroke-oil-in-diesel-technical-study.php

Very interesting reading.

They did it in a car diesel engine, common rail is all the same in theory but why couldn't they have done it to the big three trucks of its so "comprehensive" of a test.

I still feel the additives like diesel kleen, ect... are better since they were engineered to work in a diesel.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
They did it in a car diesel engine, common rail is all the same in theory but why couldn't they have done it to the big three trucks of its so "comprehensive" of a test.

I still feel the additives like diesel kleen, ect... are better since they were engineered to work in a diesel.
I agree

Duramax?

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit MI
What type of 2stroke is a good oil to use.. I was wanting to use klotz just because I love the smell and I use it on my dirt bikes ...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
SuperTech TC-W3 oil from walmart.
k2-_865952b3-45fb-4353-8f00-b462c4616ba8.v1.jpg

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
Depends what I have on hand. It's either diesel kleen or 2 stroke oil. Usually every other fill up. Definitely runs better, shooter idle and no more surge or lope.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

X2! I've used it a few times to stop my "lope".

rickaveryjr

Nov 29, 2012
CT
Klotz makes several oils. My personal experience with Klotz oil in 2 strokes is that is works really well protecting the piston and cylinder walls, but leaves the power valve and inside of pipes an absolute mess. I ran every oil they had to offer for 30 hours and then rebuild and switch to one of their other oils so I knew I was working from a fresh start. Benol (castor) by far left the most deposits in the powervalve and pipe...to the point I had to burn it off with a torch. I'd stay away from that. I have never had a lubrication issue with their oils but ive found oils (maxima and motorex) that seem to lubricate just as well and leave the exhaust perfectly clean. 2 strokes are less efficient of an engine so who knows if the results would be similar in a diesel. Ive run benol in my lawn tractor though just for the smell!

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You're not supposed to huff the exhaust!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
SuperTech TC-W3 oil from walmart.
k2-_865952b3-45fb-4353-8f00-b462c4616ba8.v1.jpg
I used this in my truck when the FPR was starting to fail. Got rid of the idle lope until I built the motor. Now I'm running OptiLube, when I remember to dump one in :p
I just remember that we were told to use an ashless oil. Not sure if Klotz products are like that.
X2 any ashless oil should be fine. If you deleted EGR and your cat, then any 2 stroke oil should be fine.
Ive run benol in my lawn tractor though just for the smell!
I throw Maxima premix in my lawn mower for the same reason. And also because the only gasoline I have at home is for the dirt bike, lol.

Duramax?

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit MI
I only wanted to run klotz because of the smell lol and I use it in all of my 2strokes:thumb: thanks for all your guys help! Just had a buddy from work give me a whole gallon of the super tech outboard 2stroke oil so I'm gonna use that first! Hopefully it gets rid of my sticky injector .. The little bit of white smoke I see time to time is driving me nuts

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
man ive purposely put 110 octane in my sand car, quad, and motor cycle sometimes just for the smell of it burning. damn it if they dont make a fricken perfume for my wife to wear!

this stuff smells damn good though