2 Stroke Additive in a Dmax?

DieselDaze

Midnight Maniac
Oct 26, 2008
Tulsa, OK
I've heard of MANY who are using this ash-less 2 cycle motor oil as an additive to help lubricate where the new ULSD isn't. The common mixture appears to be 128:1.

Is there anyone here that's been running it??

Rob,
'05 Dmax,lt/cc/sb/4x4/stock

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Ive run it for awhile not without any problems along with power service diesel additive. Smoothed everything out and i have 64,000 on first set of injectors so far.....

03demax

Sep 15, 2008
Central PA
I use Diesel Plus. It lubricates as well as improves fuel economy. I am happy with the 2 mpg increase it has given me.:D:D

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
is there something bad about using ATF that i should know:confused::eek:

something about friction modifiers that are not meant to burn. can also lead to premature failure of the injection system, it was used back in the old days with old atf and mechanical injection systems.

i kno some people who fill up the fuel filter with atf every changer:eek:

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
wow i never thought of that before ok i am now going to have to find something else to run. i think i can get galon jugs of 2 stroke oil at napa

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
sweet.... i always ran ATF because i would buy it in 2-3 cases at a time because i got a bigger discount so it was laying around and i figured it cant hurt but obviously i was wrong

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
1qt at every fill up gets kinda pricey, but I agree 110%.
144k+ mi on the original injectors with no rattles or fuel in the oil tells me it was a good choice too.:beer

it is i little pricey but most of the time you get what you pay for, 139k and original injectors and no problems what so ever works good in my truck and my snowmobiles (wish it had that great klotz smell when burning in our trucks:))

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Unfamiliar with this Klotz. I do, however, use the Wal-Mart brand 2-cycle oil from time to time and it's gettin to be that time again. :rofl: I used a richer ratio though. I can't remember exactly what the ratio is but I use a 20oz bottle full with a complete fill-up. I usually run until the Low Fuel Light comes on so it's about 25 gal. at each fill up. I'll let someone else do the conversion on ozs. to gals and figure out my ratio. :D

It does help smooth out and quiet down the engine/injectors. Mines beginning to lope or surge at idle again since it's cooling off and the 2-cycle helps it moderately so that's why I say it's time to start using it again. ;)

BTW, 142K miles on stock injectors. No additional filters; just the regular factory ones. I have a CAT filter setup I want to put on whenever I finally get around to putting my lift pump on though.

C-ya

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
ATF doesn't hurt... used it for years in our construction equipment, some of it with over 15,000 hours.

And X2 on it(oil, 2 stroke oil, etc) making the engine run smoother and more quite.