2.6 Pulling turbo help

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
I have searched and searched and asked around... Looking for an entry level 2.6 pulling turbo... I am a drag racer and want to try hooking to sled. Was looking a simple S466 but was told I will need something custom to be competitive. The local pulled here are united pullers and if I recall use ppl rules? Anyth thoughts? Thanks!

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Anywhere from 1-2k for a good charger. I pasted the rules below.

22. The vehicle is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore single turbocharger. The compressor wheel must protrude into a 2.6” bore for 1/8”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.605 inch plug, the plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove must be inside neck area where intake cover is measured. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than .200”. All provisions allowing air into the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. The vehicle driver will be responsible for making compressor wheel accessible for tech personal to measure bore and be able to inspect compressor wheel. All primary blades must protrude into the bore.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Are you planning on running it in the valley or remote mount?
Because a lot of the HX60 and GT47/55 turbos are really hard to fit in the valley without hacking up the fire wall. You probably want a S475 turbo with a clipped 2.6 wheel.

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Thanks so much for the help... I am planning on a valley charger as I have a compound kit that will simply come off and my old Hsp kit will go on for single charger...

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
If you are by chance running a 475 in your twin set up you could have some one make you a non map grove cover for it and run it as a 3.0 smooth bore...just a thought, save ya some $$ if your not looking to get deep in a turbo..