1st one

Buelldude

Nov 10, 2019
So I have the new 3.0, its great so far. I traded up from the 2.8, seems the mpg are about the same or better:thumb:
So I am back into a fullsize truck and 4x4 at that, it seems that the 2x4 version of this truck is in the mid 7k's for towing and 9.3k for the 4x4. I can't figure that out. I have never seen the 4x4 with a higher tow rating than the 2x4?????? So I guess that there is many things that Chevrolet is doing that makes you go hmmmmmm. I have the RST model that is suppose to be a step up from the LT. The radio will not pull in SAT radio but the steering wheel is hot when you push the button along with the seats. No trailer brake in the dash but it has the trailer test app. I also have the storage compartment in the back seats with some kind of storage area under the seats in the back???? I guess they put options on from other packages.
So over all the truck is great and I'm on the 2nd tank of fuel average is 28-30 with half city and half highway.

RCTDuramax3.0

Dec 25, 2019
Florida
I picked mine up a couple of months back. This is my first diesel. So far, overall, it's great. I was getting about the same mpg as you, but then I lifted mine 6" and added 35" Nitto ridge grapplers. Now I get about 20 combined (disappointing) I knew I would lose some fuel efficiency but I wasn't expecting as much as I got. I'm anxious to see what performance accessories become available for the LM2 because I'm hoping to get some of that mpg back.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Regear it and some mpg will come back.

Yep, seen to many people spend $5-8K+ on a lift, wheels, and tires, but not spend the extra $1200-1500 to re-gear it to maintain proper gearing. A tuner can only do so much, and with these new transmissions with all these gears, gearing is even more important IMO. Even small changes can make a big difference when it comes to gears and final drive ratio. Not to mention the effect that extra rotating mass and more aggressive tread can have. I had a 2000 V8 Dakota years back and list 3 mpg by putting BFGoodrich A/T's on it which hurt when I was only getting 16 before. Got Sam's to take them back(I drove in the rain after having them for 4 days, ended up in the ditch when I touched the brakes because it hydroplaned) and put Michelin M/S's on and went up to 17-18.

Last edited: