15.5 LML losing coolant slowly

mopar3

Aug 16, 2017
The combustion pressure is always higher than the coolant pressure. So when they leak you pump combustion gases into the coolant when the engine is running. Causes air pockets. overheating, loss of heat, constant bubbling in the coolant tank. May even see soot in the coolant bottle. When they really are bad they will leak coolant into the cylinders when the engine is off. May see white smoke and rough running at start up can hydro lock the motor bend rods ect.

b.d.keathley

Apr 30, 2014
Des Arc Ar
Head gasket failure will blow out coolant when running with a heavy load due to excessive pressure build up in the system. Did you spit any coolant out of the pressure bottle?

No none of that. No spitting no soot nothing. Looksall good other than a bit low. I see no max fill level only min level which is at the complete top of the reservoir. Dont see why. But other than that no other problems like my Lly.

b.d.keathley

Apr 30, 2014
Des Arc Ar
The combustion pressure is always higher than the coolant pressure. So when they leak you pump combustion gases into the coolant when the engine is running. Causes air pockets. overheating, loss of heat, constant bubbling in the coolant tank. May even see soot in the coolant bottle. When they really are bad they will leak coolant into the cylinders when the engine is off. May see white smoke and rough running at start up can hydro lock the motor bend rods ect.

I don’t understand the coolant reservoir. It just has a min level right at the top. There is no max. Even when I try to put more in it just goes into a small weephole within the reservoir never filling higher.