12mm or dual fueler

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Well there would be one question left... why did I spend $500 more on a 12mm if a 10mm would make the same power on my 40 overs :D

Not every truck will react the same so if you go 12mm cp3 then you don't have to worry about being on the edge of it supporting it. It all has to do with the parts combo and the amount of air it is moving. The more air and happier the setup is the more power it will produce. I wouldn't take the risk of it not getting the job done with a 10mm.

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Can we elaborate on whos pumps last and why?. Can I get my goals of 1300 with 480Sxe over your modded VVT 1k rwhp and 1300 rwhp on N2o? with one pump? I worrie the longer the stroke the more side loading on the lobe. Hell If I can meet my goals on one pump ill sell my new ppe kit =). I think once I get my junk up and running I must have Mark tune it anywho. I want a clean tune makin good numbers and still pull my rolling house around.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Can we elaborate on whos pumps last and why?. Can I get my goals of 1300 with 480Sxe over your modded VVT 1k rwhp and 1300 rwhp on N2o? with one pump? I worrie the longer the stroke the more side loading on the lobe. Hell If I can meet my goals on one pump ill sell my new ppe kit =). I think once I get my junk up and running I must have Mark tune it anywho. I want a clean tune makin good numbers and still pull my rolling house around.

Your goals would require the new 14mm pump to run a single. They are available in two formats. Above 4500 rpms and below 4500 rpms. Use the exergy pump. S&S may have something too but I don't think they put as much effort into it as exergy. That's just my opinion not that they have a bad product but take a few shortcuts in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Your goals would require the new 14mm pump to run a single. They are available in two formats. Above 4500 rpms and below 4500 rpms. Use the exergy pump. S&S may have something too but I don't think they put as much effort into it as exergy. That's just my opinion not that they have a bad product but take a few shortcuts in the process.

What shortcuts did S&S take?

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana

please explain the process differences?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I will not discuss process differences on the forum. PM me if you want to talk about it.

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
Still my vote to this date, single pump until you actually need dual pumps. I make 1400hp on a single 14mmcp3 without all the clutter under the hood. 10mm cp3 is good up to 800hp with the correct air and the 12mm cp3 is good up to 1200hp with the correct air and 14mm cp3 I haven't found the limit yet.:thumb:

Sounds pretty linear....have you tried the industrial injection Big Boy XP bored and stroked pumps?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Sounds pretty linear....have you tried the industrial injection Big Boy XP bored and stroked pumps?

Key word "TRY". With industrials reputation in the common rail world I think many of us are sketchy to run ii fuel system parts.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
After all the issues we have had with them over the years I wouldn't give their fueling parts to my worst enemy. The only people I see trying to push their products are the ones who are sponsored by them. Over the last 11 years I have tuned everyone's fuel system parts and unless Exergy goes out of business I will not change my fuel system parts vendor period!

2005redlly

Jan 15, 2013
Farmville va
So I ordered the empire crank kit and drilled the hole. But I didn't drill deep enough, the pin is sticking out by 1/16 to 1/8. Wondering do I need to fix or will it be ok.

I tried to take pin out with no luck. Also tried to get the balancer off but couldn't.

Thanks. Also I ordered ppe dual fueler kit.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I did two trucks with the Empire kit so far. IMHO you need to get that pin out and drill it deeper. It's tight AF in there, so good luck. I'm picturing some kind of fulcrum idea where you vise-grip the exposed pin, lay a piece of wood across the balancer as a soft fulcrum, and then push toward the balancer to try to pop it out a c-hair at a time. I'd say a slap hammer and 10 seconds, but I don't think there's room.

2005redlly

Jan 15, 2013
Farmville va
Problem with the vise grips, not enough to bite on the pin with. My other option would be to get 90 degree cut off grinder to pin.

I tried to get the balancer off and busted hand and got mad lol.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
can you bite down on the nub with a tap wrench and then pry with a screwdriver? Or chuck it into your 90* drill and spin it around and try to free it?