11.45 vid

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Hop

How old are your shocks? You may need to get a adjustable shock and slow the "hit" down on the rear. If your lower bar on the cal tracs are going uphill alot your instant center of the truck is to far back. That could cause you hop. Just some thoughts. Jeff

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Hop

I guess I should explain my thoughts are because a caltrac setup will not squat. It will try to push the rear end into the ground. The more level your lower bar is the farther out your IC will be and less hit on the tires. If you need a big hit to plant the tires then you may need a better shock setup to control the weight from the movement. Anyhow that sure is a good running truck. congrats. Jeff

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
cool nice run its cool when you can sit at the light for 5 secs and still beat the person you race :D

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
maybe try putting the overload back in. If clamped to the spring pack it should stop the flex of the packby adding rigidity. I definitely do not have the power you do, but I never get wheel hop. JM2cents Nice run Good luck.

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
what is the noise you here @ :40 sec on the 11.76 vid?

You got me thinking, so i went and checked the time of day on my slips. the 11.76 was spray to the around the 1/8th(i turned it off due to egt's) I had an 11.88 run that was motor, got them mixed up, sorry. Iwould edit my first post but it won't let me.

Kelly

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
EGT's were peaking around 1800. On the run i turned it off it got to 1800 by about 330ft, maybe just after. on the other runs it would hit 1800 well after the 1/8th. I like the nitrous, will not go bigger until i have an external gate. I am going to tear my motor down in the next couple months and have a look at the pistons as a precaution to see if we can learn something about spray, and what is safe and what isn't.