1057 vs. 1058

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Tony you always cut really good 60 foots with your 1050, and with the co-pilot on, your trans always locks teh converter as soon as you hit second gear. So how did the TC swap net you .2 off your ET? :confused:

Or did you add something else to your truck too.....mr. sneaky :D

I picked the time up from teh 60 to the 1/8th mile........:D

That tells me that I got more power down to the ground thru the convertor instead of teh convertor sucking it up in lost coupling.

And yes, my truck does cut good 60's, but that is besides the point, the TC made a difference even comparing it to the older times with the Co-Pilot and the 1050.

:eek:

C.A.P

Feb 16, 2008
I have owned 1050 and I wouldn't let you pry my 1057 away from me. If they have to raise the price Id pay. For street its NOW when you get into it. NO LAG. That being you have the right tunning. I think the 4094 with the 1057 is as good a street combo as you will get.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008

I was one of the first guys to get a 1058 in my truck. My buddies have 1057's, ATS, and Precision converters so I have a little basis. 1058 is much more violent on lockup than the 57 is, but i really enjoy it. It does feel like you are being put in a sling shot when it couples. I love it and wouldnt trade it. Sorry to play devils advocate:D

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I believe that the "violent" locking that you are talking about is something that Mike and SC are trying to smooth out as we all know violent anything always has the potential to break parts.

The 1057 is proven, tested, and trusted. Plus they will be gone after today. The only reason I would switch from my 1057 is to go with the 1055 to allow a big charger to spool on the line.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
if you plan on staying with the stock charger hut then go with the 58 it is a bit more fun on the street and the more power you add to it the more it liikes it

partsguy662

blowup doll salesman
Aug 14, 2006
I had BIG DIPPER refresh mine.

I went with the ML/Precision and he did some tweaks, didn't ask what he did, didn't watch what he did, I left it up to him.

My transmission shifts perfect with a stock 2001 tcm calibration and nothing else altered in teh tcm.

I realize the 6-speed tcm works a bit different, but going from a 1050 to a ML/Precision was night and day.

I picked up 2/10 with the TC swap.........:D

I'm filing this under "Things I never thought I'd see." (those of you that have been around for a few years know why..:rofl:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I believe that the "violent" locking that you are talking about is something that Mike and SC are trying to smooth out as we all know violent anything always has the potential to break parts.

The 1057 is proven, tested, and trusted. Plus they will be gone after today. The only reason I would switch from my 1057 is to go with the 1055 to allow a big charger to spool on the line.

I dont mean violent as in u-joint shattering violent. Lock up is definately more tangible in the 58 than in the 57 so to speak. I dont find it unfriendly on the street at all. Its almost like the 57 you can start to feel it engage and then you feel lockup. The 58 though is a little looser it sneaks up on you so its like "Hey where the hell is the..WAHOOO!!!"

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Can I assume your finally driving it hard :poke: :D

I did a couple runs yesterday, one at 50% and then another at 60-70% throttle. I went WFO once it shifted into OD.....governor is def. removed. :D I wanna make it to a GTG in Lincoln this weekend if I get a chance, once I make it there its gonna be balls out!

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I did a couple runs yesterday, one at 50% and then another at 60-70% throttle. I went WFO once it shifted into OD.....governor is def. removed. :D I wanna make it to a GTG in Lincoln this weekend if I get a chance, once I make it there its gonna be balls out!

I already did it, I like the new ML converter :D