1057 vs. 1058

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I just built my trans this weekend with SC IV and 1058 (billet shafts, T-case brace and pump rub fix) and it shifted and coupled hard at first ut once the trans started learning it smoothed right out. My clutches were toasted in that thing. I need to play with my trans tune some but so far I love it. I've only gone 50-60% throttle on the 100hp tune that I used to daily drive on so far. One thing I noticed was that I would get up to 80+mph without realizing it (pushing the pedal down as far as I'm used to doing to get 65mph) and let out but could hold 70 by barely touching the throttle - not sure why that would be, but I'm not complaining.

BTW big thanks to Mike for all the help over the phone - I'm sure he thought Winston and I were a little slow but helped us whenever we got stuck, gave us his cell number and everything - and we didn't even buy our stuff from him (he told us to get it cheaper elsewhere). Can't ask for a better guy. Just wondering Mike - Did you have the ATSG manual in front of you when you said "look at page 76, see the bearing on top of the shaft labeled........." or was that all from memory?

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
My guess is if he was reading page numbers he probably had the manual up on the CPU. Those bearings can be a byotch. We had to go through the same thing also. Hell, I think I even had him confused for a minute! :D
I agree you wont find anyone more willing to go out of his way to help you out than what Mike does for us. :thank you: Mike!