Info: 1/2" CP3 fuel fitting!!

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
i was going to do this yesterday with my fuel filter delete but then got lost on how to run it with the FICM (2004 LLY) are you guys just no longer running fuel through the FICM or what? also, it looked like on mine it came up and went into a "block" under the coolant pipe? but maybe i just lost track of where the hard line was going cuz i couldnt really see around the pipe.....

i planned on running new 1/2 push lock from my fuel pump/filters up to the cp3 but now not sure how/if that can be done that way?

Last edited:

Alliance1289

Apr 26, 2011
i was going to do this yesterday with my fuel filter delete but then got lost on how to run it with the FICM (2004 LLY) are you guys just no longer running fuel through the FICM or what? also, it looked like on mine it came up and went into a "block" under the coolant pipe? but maybe i just lost track of where the hard line was going cuz i couldnt really see around the pipe.....

i planned on running new 1/2 push lock from my fuel pump/filters up to the cp3 but now not sure how/if that can be done that way?

It can be done. I did it on my LB7. I forget if the FICM is before or after the fuel filter plumbing wise. I still run fuel through my FICM. There are guys that run them dry but usually relocate them off the valve cover if the truck is still street driven regularly.

Just be careful of how much pressure your lift pump puts out. I have my fass set at 10 psi. From what I remember you want to stay below 15 psi or so if you continue to run fuel through the FICM.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
It can be done. I did it on my LB7. I forget if the FICM is before or after the fuel filter plumbing wise. I still run fuel through my FICM. There are guys that run them dry but usually relocate them off the valve cover if the truck is still street driven regularly.

Just be careful of how much pressure your lift pump puts out. I have my fass set at 10 psi. From what I remember you want to stay below 15 psi or so if you continue to run fuel through the FICM.

ficm is after the filter, but i deleted the stock filter and and running 2 filters below with twin Kennedy pumps so im sure it wont push to much.
id like to still run through the FICM but upsize the lines.