LLY: 06 LLY Part Deux meet "Snow"

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Well after almost 2 years and 32k miles I never really fell in love with "Casper" my 2013 3500HD dually found here: http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55217

The fuel economy, emissions and terrible seats is what led me to make a decision that it was time to go back to an OBS truck like my first Duramax, my 06 LLY. So the hunt began for a new truck, this time I wanted a 2WD as I have the flatbed to drive in the bad weather. This time it had to be white, because naturally it had to match the fleet.

Low and behold I found a unicorn. An 06 LLY 2WD with 10K miles, NO WAY. That has to be the lowest mile used truck on the market. So naturally I got the ball rolling, dealer I bought my truck from wanted my truck back in stock form, so I thrashed and made that happen and quickly snapped up this truck.

http://www.karmacarsofaz.com/invent...2500HD-LT2-Crew-Cab-Duramax-Diesel-Phoenix-AZ

I ran it through all my sources and this a true unmolested 10K mile truck. It should be here in a couple of weeks. This truck is identical in options to my old truck which makes it great.

I have to thank forum members callie454, carhauler and crazycrew for all the help getting this all put together.

Plans are as follows:
Exterior

• Full exterior color match, mirrors, handles, front and rear bumpers, grille
  • Removed tow mirrors for small mirrors
  • debadge and demold except Duramax
  • paint protection on the needed surfaces
  • rear fender liners
  • 3" drop shackles turn the front down a shade
  • KYB Monomax shocks
  • 22" Eagle wheels (ole scool, special thanks to carhauler for making the efforts to pick these up, package them and ship them to me) painted somehow
  • 305/45/22 tires, still undecided
  • LED tail lights with stupid bright reverse lights
  • clear front housings with HIDs and Morimoto XB switchbacks(eventually Morimoto Mini H1 projectors)
  • 30" bar behind the grille and 7" bars under bumper for reverse lights

Interior

• Putco LED domelights
  • Autometer dual pod with Cobalt EGT and boost gauges
  • WeatherTech liners front and rear
  • Carhartt seats covers up front
  • iSimple iPod adaptor
  • OEM navigation unit(when I find one)
  • maybe a blood red leather Katzkins kit
  • window tint front 3 windows

Performance

• EFILive with DSP5 switch
  • 5" Stainless MBRP turbo back with 5" Magnaflow performance DOC
  • 6" MBRP tip
  • Intake mod
  • lift pump either FASS or AirDog
  • TransGo Jr.
  • Mobil Synthetic fluids everywhere

Should make a great tow vehicle with killer fuel economy, has to be better than the 11-14 I was getting in Casper.

Here are a couple pics:

And the wheels.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Beautiful truck, but I'm more scared of a truck like that then one that sees normal ware and tear.

No offense but I am too.. The last 3 super low mile trucks I have seen have been more problematic than 95% of the other trucks I see. One with 60 leaking out of every seal on the truck. Next truck had 80k needed a turbo from vanes being rusted, one with 90k rusted vanes..

However this one is 10x nicer than those 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
wow, nice find.

thanks.

Holy crap, unicorn indeed. Sharp truck man!

Corey

Much appreciated.

Beautiful truck, but I'm more scared of a truck like that then one that sees normal ware and tear.

I wouldn't at all with this one. Been stored inside, towed a 5th wheel camper, not been in salt or corrosion areas of the country.

No offense but I am too.. The last 3 super low mile trucks I have seen have been more problematic than 95% of the other trucks I see. One with 60 leaking out of every seal on the truck. Next truck had 80k needed a turbo from vanes being rusted, one with 90k rusted vanes..

However this one is 10x nicer than those 3

I am with you. I have seen some 45k miles trucks that are rust buckets, it is all in where you find them. I am modding it so I will find all of its faults quickly.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Yea at least your prepared for it. Honestly it might be fine. The low miles trucks I've seen had a TON of idle time.. Both vanes stuck at 75%

I can't wait to see how this one turns out

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Yea at least your prepared for it. Honestly it might be fine. The low miles trucks I've seen had a TON of idle time.. Both vanes stuck at 75%

I can't wait to see how this one turns out

I am. If it goes bad I will have Russell at Axis build me a turbo.

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
Nice truck! My '07 has 47,000 on it, but I don't think my vanes will be stuck because a lot of those miles were pretty hard ones, well pretty much every time I get in it I get on it. Please post pictures when you finish it up.

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
My last 06 LLY did the same thing at just over 100k miles. Dealer was kind enough to replace. If this one has an issue I will get it fixed up.

My local dealer would try and change the spark plugs in my truck... Couldn't imagine letting them change a turbo :eek:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
My local dealer would try and change the spark plugs in my truck... Couldn't imagine letting them change a turbo :eek:

I hear ya... I'm working on an lmm right now that someone who apparently was drunk or had no knowledge of working on one had been working on.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
What does the dome light package consist of parts wise and name brand, part number..?

2 SMD 194 maps lights and 3 boards with SMD for the center. I add 194's to the doors.

Well once again I am going too say how great this all looks!! I am going too subscribe too the build!! :thumb:

Thanks to you.

Wheels have arrived. Thanks to carhauler for taking care of me.

More parts made it today, a bunch more tomorrow.

Got a couple shelves filling up.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Well well well. Look what landed in the city tonight.....

Those are the stickers still on the driveshaft.

Frame stickers still in tact.

Mileage is just insane.

Even the keyfobs are new.

I could not be happier, this thing is straight as an arrow.