06 fill neck in a 03

DieselDemon18

Aug 25, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca
Howdy folks

i want to upgrade the full neck in both of my 03 truck to the later style fill neck with the external vent so i can use high speed pumps. So for those that have done it, i ask how did you do it? Id like to graft it into my existing sending unit if possible, or if i must upgrade to the newer style unit, how difficult is it?

TIA

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I think the sending unit reader is different for the LB7 Vs the LLY/LBZ version.

Might be easier to drill a hole in the existing sending unit and put a 90 degree fitting with a barb for the hose to attach too.

DieselDemon18

Aug 25, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca
I think the sending unit reader is different for the LB7 Vs the LLY/LBZ version.

Might be easier to drill a hole in the existing sending unit and put a 90 degree fitting with a barb for the hose to attach too.
Yes sir thats what i was referring to as well as the actual filler neck in the bed as lutzjk913 mentioned, most like what i will have to do is what you mentioned and graft a barb in the sending unit.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Yes sir thats what i was referring to as well as the actual filler neck in the bed as lutzjk913 mentioned, most like what i will have to do is what you mentioned and graft a barb in the sending unit.
The fill neck it self just goes to the port on the outside like every other tank. The hose uses a hose clamp to secure it.