05 LLY into 99 RCSB 1500

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks guys :)

So I'm pretty well set on doing the 20" LTZ Tahoe wheels. I just found these on eBay, trying to decide if black chrome would look good. I'm not a fan of black wheels, but these caught my eye...

$(KGrHqIOKosFFz43uMFiBRfsM964sg~~60_3.JPG

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
That'll look awesome! I would check dealerships and craigslist first. Or mr wheel deal.... best price for wheels and tires by far.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
OOOOOOOO --- nice! :thumb: :woott: Bet they're expensive too.

$1800 shipped with brand new tires, not terrible. I wonder what the quality of the plating is...

That'll look awesome! I would check dealerships and craigslist first. Or mr wheel deal.... best price for wheels and tires by far.

If I go with the normal finish I'll stay local to save on shipping. Never heard of Mr wheel deal, I'll give them a call.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I bought a 5" straight pipe Diamond Eye exhaust from a member on another site, should be here Thursday :) Taking the truck to the driveline shop Friday, and to see if I can get the VIN inspection done (to change the title from gas to diesel), smogged, and registered. It's going to need a custom plate...I'm thinking either LTLDRTY or LTLDMAX....leaning towards the first one :)

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have a set of these on the way now with new Toyo Proxes in a 275/55-20. Decided to stick with the OEM polished finish, was worried about the quality of a rechrome job.

T2eC16JHJHcFFkRE6tzBRh2kW0bg60_3_zps2cfafcd0.jpg

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Exhaust and wheels arrived today, put them on this afternoon. Tomorrow is driveshaft day! :D

I need to do something with the rear clamp/hanger, I don't like it hanging down like this.
IMG_20130509_192051_191_zpsbd17e514.jpg

IMG_20130509_191526_804_zps178cd774.jpg

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks! I haven't taken any close ups for a reason, lol. The paint needs a lot of work and there's a few dents and dings too. I may try to paint it myself at some point....

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Driveshafts didn't get done today. Said they would be done tomorrow instead. I hope it's relatively early, I was planning on getting an alignment done at a place that closes at 1 tomorrow.

Also, my rubber fuel line splices were leaking, so I replaced them with AN hose and fittings this afternoon. Should have just done that from the start....oh well.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ

The driveshaft guy was waiting on a shipment of parts that didn't come in, so he wasn't able to finish my aluminum DS, but he was nice enough to make me a temporary steel rear DS until his shipment comes in. That's service!

Took it to the alignment shop this afternoon and they said it had a bad ball joint, so I replaced both of the uppers but didn't finish until after the alignment shop had closed, so I wasn't able to get that done today. I might leave it with them Monday.

Put about 20 miles on it today, and I think it's gonna be a blast, even in stock form! The exhaust sounds great, and I changed the tune to open up the turbo vanes at idle so it rumbles quite a bit. Turbo whistle is really loud!
gr_grin.gif

Found a few minor things today that I'll have to fix....when I ran the windshield washer, the wipers kept going until I shut the truck off. Passenger window has a spot where it seems to stick a bit, I think I know what that issue is. Driver's door weatherstripping isn't tight, but that's an easy fix. Driver door lock doesn't slide all the way, I think something is bound up in the lock rod, so I'll have to take the door panel apart again. Coolant temp gauge never got over the 1/4 mark (halfway between 160 and 210), so I think the stepper motor there is bad. There's a lot of backlights that are out too, so I'll probably go into the cluster at some point and replace a bunch of stuff. Good news is there are no major issues! No leaks or weird noises!