05 LLY into 99 RCSB 1500

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Just looks dirty to me. I'm ready to see some pics if this thing finished. I'm pretty sure at some point all if us have wanted a half ton dmax cruiser

Its a riot tell you put it on the side. lol I love mine. I hope to get back to the track this weekend now that I am getting everything dialed in.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Finally got home early enough to take a picture in the light, but of course now the truck is dirty from driving it the last few days. Got a new Reflexxions cowl hood, I'm going to take this coming weekend to try and align fenders and such, then the truck goes back down to the body shop next week for hood paint and touch-ups on the rest of the panels.

IMG_20131127_153419_816_zps6dd682e0.jpg

Been trying to decide what to do with the Duramax badges, and I think I found a good place for them :)

IMG_20131127_153632_036_zps7e5a8441.jpg

IMG_20131127_153618_188_zps3883a139.jpg

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Hey I was at the junk yard today and grabbed one of those center console pads if you still need one send me your addy and it's yours!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I wouldve been happy to drive it with the old paint. Looks really good, Chris. Very proud of you and your accomplishment! :thumb:

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I wouldve been happy to drive it with the old paint. Looks really good, Chris. Very proud of you and your accomplishment! :thumb:

Thanks Tom :) It's been so long since it's been in 1 piece I forgot how much fun it is to drive!

Looks good. You should try the two bucket method when you wash it if you hand wash it.

I'll have to look that one up...swirls are from the wet sand and buff. Body shop polished it twice but they told me it needs a couple more times before the swirls will start to fade.

I just read through this thread. Wow! Great work!

This made me want to gut my toy now that it runs and drives.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I'll have to look that one up...swirls are from the wet sand and buff. Body shop polished it twice but they told me it needs a couple more times before the swirls will start to fade.

No offense but I wet sanded and buffed my regular cab and it was my first time..... if you polish your paint correctly it shouldn't swirl like that. I looked at the pictures and it seems like they left polishing trails everywhere.

Two bucket:

One bucket for soap and wash mitt. Wash a panel of truck then use second bucket to clean out wash mitt. Then go back to clean soapy water and repeat. I also use a separate bucket and wash mitt for wheels/tires/wheel wells and amp steps/frame.

I'm a little anal though. :roflmao:

Like these wash mitts:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-83-adams-professional-car-wash-pad.aspx

I really like Adam's polishing system too. I use mostly all their products apart for wax and that's just because I haven't gone through my current wax yet. They have a building in Denver I believe. I would call Dylan @ Adam's. Super nice guy he just moved from CA to CO not too long ago so he could hook you up with an amazing detail and recommendations too.