05 Chevy in progress....

guga1979

Apr 19, 2013
Hudson, Ma
I've owned my '05 2500HD CCSB 4x4 for 14 months now. I tried to keep it as a work truck but one thing leads to another.....

I've had few mods done to it. The progress is in my sig. Most by Evan and Tim.

A couple things left on list are traction bars, an ride compressor for the rear bags and mostly an HSP twin set. Hopefully sooner than later, ....turbo lag it's just sad!...

Well, for a question, I ended up having the lift keys cranked up to fit the bigger rims.... maybe someone will relate to it.
The truck now feels stiffer and somewhat wobbly steering wheel at highway speeds. It's bothering me some. I've had most of the front end replaced to level it. Everything is tight.

Would a proper 4" lift kit make it drive different? Any kits that will keep the new parts I've gotten so far

Here it is when I first got it.
ejypyhas.jpg

And how it is now
4e3esume.jpg

ududere5.jpg

dejeby3e.jpg

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
When you jack up the front end using the torsion bars it makes the ride stiffer/rougher. It also changed all the angles of the front end parts and puts more strain on them.

If you bought a 4-6" lift kit it would drop the lower control arms and use a new knuckle to put everything back into spec. Then you can drop the torsion bars back down to make the ride smoother again.

I put a 6" zone lift on my old ccsb and it rode way smoother than stock. I was also able to drop the torsion bar bolts almost all the way down.

guga1979

Apr 19, 2013
Hudson, Ma
When you jack up the front end using the torsion bars it makes the ride stiffer/rougher. It also changed all the angles of the front end parts and puts more strain on them.

If you bought a 4-6" lift kit it would drop the lower control arms and use a new knuckle to put everything back into spec. Then you can drop the torsion bars back down to make the ride smoother again.

I put a 6" zone lift on my old ccsb and it rode way smoother than stock. I was also able to drop the torsion bar bolts almost all the way down.

I'll be researching for a 4" lift kit

Thank you

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396606342.350821.jpg

This is mine with 4" cognito kit and 35's. It has replacement springs in this kit and it rides ok, not stock by no means but the PO used stock shocks in the rear and wow was that terrible!!! I replaced all 4 shocks and now bars are at about 25%, much better ride. So as far as getting a better ride a kit is your best bet, and as far as keeping most the parts you put in already, not sure. Most lifts come with everything you need. Best to ask when you order it.

04.5 Dmax

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396606342.350821.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396606342.350821.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 17

guga1979

Apr 19, 2013
Hudson, Ma
View attachment 33395

This is mine with 4" cognito kit and 35's. It has replacement springs in this kit and it rides ok, not stock by no means but the PO used stock shocks in the rear and wow was that terrible!!! I replaced all 4 shocks and now bars are at about 25%, much better ride. So as far as getting a better ride a kit is your best bet, and as far as keeping most the parts you put in already, not sure. Most lifts come with everything you need. Best to ask when you order it.

04.5 Dmax

I wanted mine leveled but now, the more I think, a small lift would be ideal for me. I like yours.

I bought the rims after I had already installed the leveling kit. Big offset..., then I had to cut the fenders and I started cranking the keys to gain clearance and keep it from rubbing against the cab.
I really liked the rims so I made it work.
From what I hear, the main parts on a lift would be the bottom LCA support and knuckle.
I'll put some $$ together first and then get serious about it.