04 lb7 lift kit without breaking the bank?

MadMax17

Mar 26, 2015
maricopa, az
Tough country 6" lift or do the 4" and some trimming. Cheapest/best kits I know of. Easy install too

x2, I installed the tough country 4" on my lbz this summer and I am very happy with the quality for the price. I run 35 nittos with 17" raceline wheels(not sure what offset) and have only trimmed the lower valence plastic. The kit goes together well and has held up great so far. My only complaint is the bump stops that come with the kit are very cheap and won't do much under a hard compression situation. Other than that, you can't go wrong with these kits.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Zone u can run stock wheels with. It's a 1200$ kit and very good quality. Upgrade the shocks if you go with zone though. It's like 20$ more for nitrogen shocks vs hydraulic.

Sirrobbythe5th

Dream truck in work
Sep 14, 2016
Well you guys have provided me with a lot of great points, so my next questions is. Should I really concern myself with the no cut lifts? I really don't think ill ever return the truck to stock. Is there any integrity difference between cutting it and using the bracket it comes with?
I have looked into getting a BDS lift kit but they are a bit pricey and require cutting. However now I may consider the kits that require the cutting

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Bds and zone are pretty much the same. It's all about what you want and how much you want to spend. Ntbd lifts cost more but look better.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well you guys have provided me with a lot of great points, so my next questions is. Should I really concern myself with the no cut lifts? I really don't think ill ever return the truck to stock. Is there any integrity difference between cutting it and using the bracket it comes with?
I have looked into getting a BDS lift kit but they are a bit pricey and require cutting. However now I may consider the kits that require the cutting

keep the crossmember you cut and you will always have the possibily to return the truck to stock after you weld that back in. Cognito makes a diff ear that can be bolted back onto the diff for those that cut off the original ear.

i agree, the tough country bump stops are nothing to write home about but they are there to just keep the "clang" from happening if you actually blow through the suspension. no different than the stock ones, those blow the hell apart after a couple bottom outs, not that ive ever had that happen :roflmao: