02 engine to 03 truck swap oil indicator not working

danm

Oct 17, 2021
I put an 02 engine in an 03 2500hd. All the gauges work except the oil pressure. Is there any way to correct this, thanks

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
I am actually in process of helping a neighbor do a coworkers truck swapping an 03 into an 02. Just this evening discovered the difference in the oil pressure sensors. 03 has its sensor towards rear just front of oil cooler. 02 has a goofy stem thing coming out just behind the timing cover same side of block. For your 03 you should have had a wire pigtail with nowhere to go if you swapped wiring that is. 02 has one wire going to its sensor and 03 has three wires.

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
I spoke to this in your previous post about the engine not running.

The 02 engine harness doesn’t support your 03 ecm or cluster. There’s a jumper harness going from the engine harness to the eop sensor and the oil level sensor, it connects to a pigtail on the driver side clamshell. The pigtail coming out of the engine harness, a 3 pin connector, needs to be converted to a 5 pin like the 03 originally came.

You can remove the 5 pin pigtail from your 03 engine harness and install it in the 02 engine harness then also move over the jumper and eop sensor. Then it’ll work.

Or swap over the entire 03 engine harness along with the jumper and eop sensor.

More then likely you have a cell corresponding with the lack of eop signal and possible reduced power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: